Information Technology Support Technician
This position principally provides tier 2 technical support, in person, over the phone and remotely. When work study students are not available, this position also provides tier 1 technical support. This position primarily works from the Longmeadow campus, but travels as necessary to remote campus locations in East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, & Concord Mass.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Preventative maintenance and monitoring on hardware (desktops, laptops, tablets, AV equipment, and peripherals) and software with appropriate upgrades and updates.
- Hardware setup, installation, moves, and disposition, including inventory maintenance.
- Software configuration and installation, including the creation, testing, and deployment of desktop images.
- Printer troubleshooting, including coordinating with vendors to assist.
- Complete assigned help desk tickets and document tickets with accurate and timely information on the request and resolution.
- User account support, including password resets, group memberships, and file share access.
- Create and update internal and external documentation.
- Adhere to standard procedures and best practices in performing duties, including software licensing and security management.
- Train and support faculty, staff, and students in how to better use technology.
- Train, support, and provide guidance to IT student work study staff.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Minimum of a high school degree or GED required. Technical school degree/certificate or associates degree in a related field preferred.
- Extensive experience with the following software: Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, desktop management applications (including imaging and software deployment tools), diagnostic applications, desktop security applications.
- Extensive experience with computer hardware and printers, including troubleshooting and replacing hard drives, RAM and other hardware components.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to follow-up and follow-through particularly on challenging and longer term issues.
- Ability to resolve issues quickly when they first occur.
- Willingness to take ownership of issues, particularly when assistance from others is needed.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Submit to and pass criminal offender records check (C.O.R.I.).
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- General knowledge of the University’s mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Applicants for this position should submit a cover letter outlining salary requirements, resume, and contact information for four professional references. All applications should be sent electronically in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An equal opportunity employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Apply for Information Technology Support Technician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly