Information Technology Support Technician
This position principally provides tier 2 technical support, in person, over the phone and remotely. When work study students are not available, this position also provides tier 1 technical support. This position primarily works from the Longmeadow campus, but travels as necessary to remote campus locations in East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, & Concord Mass.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Preventative maintenance and monitoring on hardware (desktops, laptops, tablets, AV equipment, and peripherals) and software with appropriate upgrades and updates.
- Hardware setup, installation, moves, and disposition, including inventory maintenance.
- Software configuration and installation, including the creation, testing, and deployment of desktop images.
- Printer troubleshooting, including coordinating with vendors to assist.
- Complete assigned help desk tickets and document tickets with accurate and timely information on the request and resolution.
- User account support, including password resets, group memberships, and file share access.
- Create and update internal and external documentation.
- Adhere to standard procedures and best practices in performing duties, including software licensing and security management.
- Train and support faculty, staff, and students in how to better use technology.
- Train, support, and provide guidance to IT student work study staff.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Minimum of a high school degree or GED required. Technical school degree/certificate or associates degree in a related field preferred.
- Extensive experience with the following software: Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, desktop management applications (including imaging and software deployment tools), diagnostic applications, desktop security applications.
- Extensive experience with computer hardware and printers, including troubleshooting and replacing hard drives, RAM and other hardware components.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to follow-up and follow-through particularly on challenging and longer term issues.
- Ability to resolve issues quickly when they first occur.
- Willingness to take ownership of issues, particularly when assistance from others is needed.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Submit to and pass criminal offender records check (C.O.R.I.).
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- General knowledge of the University’s mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Applicants for this position should submit a cover letter outlining salary requirements, resume, and contact information for four professional references. All applications should be sent electronically in MS Word format to email@example.com.
An equal opportunity employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.