Part-Time Faculty - Head Women's Softball Coach
Golden West College
Part-Time Faculty - Head Women's Softball Coach
Job# PT Faculty POOL - Womens Coach
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Full job description and OFFICIAL application available ONLY at: www.cccd.edu/employment. Please click on OPEN POSITIONS located in the menu bar on the left, then select your desired jobs category to access list of open positions.
Golden West College is seeking an individual to serve as Head Women's Softball Coach. The assignment will begin immediately upon hiring.
The ideal candidate for this position embraces the overall mission of Golden West College and the Coast Community College District, with a clear, focused commitment to supporting teaching and academic excellence, and student learning and success through the work of Athletics.
Examples of Duties: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Provide instruction in Women's Softball and in accordance with established course outlines.
2. Participate in and develop programs to measure student performance.
3. Maintain current knowledge in the subject matter areas.
4. Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
5. Fulfill the professional responsibilities of a part-time faculty member including, but not limited to the following: teach all scheduled classes unless excused under provisions of Board Policy; follow the department course outlines; keep accurate records of student enrollment, attendance, and progress; submit student grades according to established deadlines; post and maintain scheduled office hours; participate in departmental meetings and college and/or district-wide activities and committees as assigned.
6. Assignment may include day, evening, weekend, and online sections.
7. Provide leadership in all facets of developing and maintaining successful Softball Program.
• Must meet one of the following qualifications:
• Any bachelor's degree AND two years of professional experience
• Any associate's degree AND six years of professional experience
• Or, any combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent to the above. Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements stated above and are applying on the basis of equivalency must submit an Application for Equivalency (downloadable at www.cccd.edu/employment) and supporting documents, in addition to all other required materials.
• Evidence of a sensitivity to, understanding of, and the ability to manage the environment AND effectively provide instruction to community college students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds.
• Educational and/or instructional preparation in athletics and physical education or other discipline/s.
• A minimum of two (2) years of recent experience coaching softball at the post-secondary level or appropriate equivalent experience.
• Evidence of student success in teaching athletics and other areas.
• Evidence of an ability to address the instructional needs of a diverse and frequently underprepared student population.
• Evidence of an ability to self-reflect and respond to an evidenced-based assessment of student learning.
• Evidence of innovation, scholarship, or leadership in the teaching of athletics.
• Ability to work with computers, and use the Internet and interactive technologies to engage students in on-campus
• Evidence of an ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully recruit potential student-athletes.
Conditions of Employment
This is a temporary, part-time coaching assignment. The assignment may be day, evening, weekend, online or off-campus and is subject to change as needed; some flexibility is required to meet the needs of the department. The effective date of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
Regular attendance is considered an essential job function; the inability to meet attendance requirements may preclude the employee from retaining employment.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Coast Community College District policies, procedures, and Title IX. (Reference: BP/AP 5910)
The Coast Community College District celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the District's strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer