Professor of Practice
Professor of Practice
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
The Biomanufacturing Education and Training Center (BETC) is actively seeking applicants for a full-time Professor of Practice position to develop curriculum, teach, and perform industry-related Biomanufacturing research. There is need for graduate courses to be taught on campus, online, blended on-campus/online or off campus in a corporate setting. Specific topics of interest include but are not limited to: cell culture, microbial fermentation, aseptic processing, protein purification, scale-up bioprocessing, and bioanalytics. WPI is interested in applicants with teaching and project advising expertise in all areas of Biomanufacturing, but is particularly interested in applicants with industrial and/or research experience.
This position will teach up to six graduate course per year, over three regular semesters plus summer, and develop up to two new course per year as necessary, in addition to research activities and project advising to support the BETC overall.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for developing learning objectives, syllabi and course materials as necessary
• Development of two courses per year in specific subject areas defined by WPI Department Heads and Corporate and Professional Education
• Develop and deliver professional development or technical short course programs as needed for corporate customers and individual enrollment programs
• Remain current with educational trends and knowledgeable in subject-matter areas that are important to WPI and CPE, including but not limited to advances in biomanufacturing techniques, single-use technology, and bioanalysis.
• Provide support to Academic Departments, Institutes or Research efforts as needed
• Special projects and other duties as assigned
• Experience in performing industry-relevant research is desired.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
Posting Date: 05/03/2017
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability. We are looking for individuals who value creativity, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration.
Criminal Background Check Statement:
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
To apply, visit: https://careers.wpi.edu/postings/4460
WPI, the nation's third oldest private technological university, established in 1865 by New England industrialists John Boynton and Ichabod Washburn consists of 80 acres set in a safe, residential section of Worcester, Massachusetts—the second largest city in New England—home to 13 colleges, and situated 40 miles west of Boston.