Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Executive Director of the Middle Georgia State Univ
Help us change the lives of our students! Middle Georgia State University (MGA) is seeking an experienced leader to fill the position of Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Executive Director of the MGA Foundation. Our university dates back to 1884 but was created anew in recent years—first as a state college and beginning in July 2015, as a state university. We are a regionally focused institution serving both traditional and non-traditional students as an exciting and unique unit of the University System of Georgia. With five locations across 150 miles in the center of the state, as well as numerous online learning opportunities, our university enjoys a strategic location with broad reach. This position serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet and is located on the Macon campus. The major responsibilities of the position are:
- Engages externally with major gift solicitation at the donor base.
- Leads the “Greatness” campaign in collaboration with the University President, the Foundation and the Campaign Cabinet.
- Develops, implements, and manages a comprehensive institutional advancement plan.
- Establishes partnerships and relationships with corporations, businesses, individuals within the communities served by the university, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Sustains a robust annual fund campaign.
- Leads and oversees scholarship awarding process.
- Provides strategic direction and leadership for the University’s fundraising, alumni programming, and constituent relations functions.
- Ensures compliance with University System of Georgia Board of Regents policies and procedures, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools requirements, and program-level policies and practices in philanthropy.
- Develops and recommends annual budget requests to support advancement goals and objectives; allocates and monitors spending.
- Advises the President and cabinet on institutional advancement matters; participates in the development and implementation of strategic long-term plans.
- Trains, assigns, directs, supervises, evaluates and disciplines the work of assigned staff.
- Represents the University at community events.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining positive relations with the Foundation’s trustees.
- Sustains robust alumni program.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Institutional advancement principles and practices.
- Philanthropy and fundraising practices, professional ethics, and gift reporting standards.
- Strategic planning and budget practices.
SKILL REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Delegation of responsibility and authority.
- Collaborating with multiple constituents.
- Operation of computers and job related software programs.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- Interpersonal relations and dealing with the public.
- Oral and written communication.
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a master’s degree in a course of study related to the occupational field. Doctoral degree preferred. Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the subunits in the division in order to direct and coordinate work within the division, usually interpreted to require a minimum of five years of related experience. Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately. For best consideration, please submit application materials by May 31, 2017.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “VP Inst Adv”. Application materials are to include a resume, a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
A Unit of the University System of Georgia