Systems Benefits Associate
The University System of Georgia (USG) is one of the nation’s largest and leading public higher education systems. The USG is committed to creating a more educated Georgia that is prepared for the global, knowledge economy by increasing degree completion, ensuring academic excellence, spurring research and creativity, driving business creation, and making effective and efficient use of resources. The USG will accelerate our state’s higher education commitment to educational attainment, accountability, partnerships, performance, value, and global competitiveness. Our organizational core values are founded upon the principles of Integrity, Excellence, Accountability, and Respect.
The University System Office is now accepting applications for a System Benefits Associate in the Office of Human Resources. This senior level administrative support position is responsible for the daily coordination of the various benefits programs offered and administered by the University System of Georgia and supporting the activities of the System Benefits Office.
The System Benefits Associate is the first line of contact for USG benefits questions answered telephonically and from various benefits e-mail boxes as well as tracking and keeping a benefits appeal log. Provides assistance regarding the interpretation of employee benefit policy issues, and responds to inquiries/appeals from institutions and employees. This position assists Associate Vice Chancellor and Directors in developing changes to existing benefits plans and/or developing new plans in benefits areas assigned.
- Responds to Benefits questions and advises on benefits related matters to employees and retirees.
- Maintains working relationship with all vendors and actively participates in vendor meetings.
- This position prepares materials for Board Meeting presentations and the System Benefits Office presentations. Also, assists in the preparation of summary plan descriptions, open enrollment materials and other documents that communicate the benefits programs.
- Maintains benefits files and contracts.
- Drafts internal and external correspondence.
- Maintains and tracks benefits consulting budget for healthcare, retirement and legal consultants.
- Responsible for all questions and inquiries regarding the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP).
- This position is responsible for event planning such as open enrollment meetings, benefit fairs, total rewards steering committee and other benefit related meetings.
- Responsible for meeting minutes in assigned meetings.
- Assists with the Benefits Administration for University System employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of related job experience or three years related job experience and equivalent combination of education and training that provides the necessary knowledge and skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have a strong background in benefits administration and operation.
A Bachelor’s Degree in a specified area or field such as Accounting, Business Administration