Student Athlete Affairs Assistant
Job Title Student Athlete Affairs Assistant
This position reports to the Associate AD for Student-Athlete Services. Oversees all aspects of the Student Athlete Advisory Committee (Eagles Council); event planning and management; programming for student-athletes (e.g., drug and alcohol speaker, career development workshops, Eagle360 program, etc.); producing newsletter biannually; scheduling and documenting community service for student-athletes and athletic department staff; documenting Eagle Pride Challenge points; update Student-Athlete Affairs website on a regular basis.
Strong work ethic, detail oriented that will follow through on all assignments; pleasant and professional customer service skills; team player; ability to multitask.
Bachelor's degree (will consider an internship for someone completing their degree); willingness to work nights and/or weekends.
Bachelor's degree; experience working in an intercollegiate athletics department.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Salary Range $10.00 Hourly
Essential Job Duties
• Event planning and management (Welcome Back Picnic, Academic Honors Luncheon, Senior Send Off/Awards Ceremony, Wings Up Olympics, and International Student-Athlete Night)
• Oversee all aspects of the Student-Athlete Advisory Council (Eagles Council) including organizing meeting times, space, agenda, minutes, meetings with officers, etc.
• Programming for student-athletes. This includes determining speaker needs, booking speaker, space, advertising, etc.
• Schedule and document community service for student-athletes and athletic department staff.
• Produce and distribute newsletter to all student-athletes and athletic department staff each semester.
• Work with the Athletic Communications staff to update the Student-Athlete Affairs website, including writing press releases on all related events.
Coordinate student-athlete involvement with University events; other duties assigned within the individual’s capabilities.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number TS56P
Open Date 05/04/2017
Close Date 05/25/2017
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution?
- * Do you have the ability to work nights and weekends?
- * Please indicate how you first learned of this position.
- Job Board
- Print Advertisement
- Social Media
- Job Fair/Conference
- FGCU Website
- Employee Referral
- * Per the question above, please specify the name of where you FIRST learned of the position?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- List of 5 Professional References (with relationship of each)