Mount Holyoke Fund Officer for Advancement Marketing
The Mount Holyoke Fund Marketing Officer reports to the Associate Director of The Mount Holyoke Fund/Marketing Specialist and helps coordinate messaging, collateral materials, Web content, e-communications and audio-video in support of Advancement goals and consistent with other communications of the College. The Officer will serve as a liaison to the Office of Communications to coordinate the calendaring and production of division-wide marketing efforts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage communications intake calendar for Advancement.
- Liaise with central communications office and external vendors to develop collateral material
- Leverage social media and information technology to promote events, engagement and giving opportunities.
- Develop ideas for MHF marketing campaigns to help achieve annual fundraising goals.
- Assist in the implementation of an integrated communications strategy for the division.
- Coordinate and help prioritize marketing communications throughout Advancement.
- Review marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help analyze effectiveness of donor communications.
- Coordinate development, production, and delivery of communications materials for the division.
- Write, edit and proof content for print and digital platforms
- Remain current on trends in development and on communication strategies, including use of new technologies and social media.
- Create and maintain tracking systems, project files and databases to support office activities and assigned projects.
- Write and develop content for various publications and communications vehicles including online and direct mail outlets.
- Monitor production schedule for Advancement projects developed in collaboration with Office of Communications and outside vendors.
- Serve as the primary contact with freelance designers, printers and others vendors to obtain competitive bids. Gather necessary approvals and ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure Advancement’s digital content is current and accurate.
- Interview donors, faculty, and students for writing assignments as needed.
- Ensure communications adhere to College brand and style guidelines.
- Exceptionally strong written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills, editing and proofreading proficiency are required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills are essential.
- Contribute ideas and process improvements using available resources.
- Must be organized, possess the ability to multi-task, and meet project deadlines.
- Requires initiative, problem solving skills, and high attention to detail.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in marketing, communications and/or social media.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign or similar design software.
- Use of Google Analytics of other website tracking systems.
- Requires understanding of basic marketing and communications principles.
- Basic understanding of design concepts and the print production process.
- Experience in fundraising, preferably in a higher education or non-profit setting a plus.
- Consideration will be given to applicants not meeting the stated requirements but who possess a combination of relevant and/or equivalent skills, experience, and education.
- Occasional night and weekend work is required.