About the Job
Roberts Communications Network is looking for qualified individuals to add to our team of networking technical support staff. "RCN" designs, builds, and deploys mission critical LAN/WAN networks worldwide, as well as 24 x 7 monitoring and support to our rapidly expanding customer base.
Technical support staff in this role are responsible for maintaining network stability by proactively monitoring and supporting critical network devices and services. Technicians work directly with both our customer base and network engineers to ensure all problems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Use a variety of monitoring tools to identify potential network issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to network connectivity, equipment alarms, core device status, and routing.
- Answer inbound customer support calls and emails
- Provide remote support for field technicians and facility personnel
- Work with vendors to create trouble tickets and obtain regular status updates
- Escalate high priority issues to network engineers
- Maintain department documentation and compile shift reports as needed
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills
- Strong technical foundation and familiarity with network equipment
- Strong desire to learn new technology
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and prioritize tasks effectively
- Work a variety of shifts to provide 24x7x365 coverage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and desktop operating systems
- Previous experience with Cisco equipment is preferred
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry is preferred
- Previous experience in a network operations center or call center environment is preferred
- Health plan that includes dental and vision
- Prescription plan
- Life insurance
- 401k that matches up $0.25 per every contribution dollar up to 4% of your gross.
- 6 sick/personal days per year
- Vacation Pay - 1 week after 12 months, 2 weeks after 24 months
Las Vegas, NV
Thu, 4 May 2017 11:19:05 PDT