Junior Network Engineer
Medium sized Brooklyn based Telecom Company is looking to hire a junior-level Network Administrator
Successful candidate should have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Proven teamwork and leadership skills
- Ability to take responsibility and initiative
- Strong communications and technical skills
- 3-5 years of networking experience
- 1-2 years of telecommunications experience
- Experience with T1 and DS3 support
- Knowledge of Voice over IP
- Comprehensive knowledge of LAN, WAN, network security and load balancing
- Working experience in the following technologies is a major plus:
- Excel (Dialogic) CSP switches
- Seesion Border Controllers
- Microsoft Servers 2003-2008 technology
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Layer 2 ,3 switching and routing
- VoIP phone systems
- MCSE/MCSA is a plus
- CCNA is a plus
Experience working with the following systems:
Cisco, Adtran, and VOIP systems
The position requires occasional phone support and desktop support. This requires an employee with good customer service skills.
- Establishes telecommunications network performance by installing voice and data networks, communications software, equipment, and network facilities.
- Assures network performance by designing and developing test cases and plans; identifying failures and causes of failures; developing solutions.
- Maintains telecommunications and data network performance by repairing equipment and network software.
- Optimizes telecommunications network performance by researching software and equipment.
- Maintains records by documenting procedures used.
- Helps prepare reports by collecting information.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains internet connectivity by monitoring IP equipment/software, testing access to multiple circuit connections.
Electronics Troubleshooting, Telecommunications Technologies, Telecommunications Knowledge, Documentation Skills, Network Protocols, Reporting Skills, Equipment Maintenance, Innovation, Design Skills, Problem Solving
Xchange Telecom is a facilities-based CLEC and ISP, operating a telephone network in the New York-New Jersey markets. We have over 20,000 customers on both POTS and VOIP lines, and run a multiple location based fiber, wireless and copper network.
Xchange offers health care, vacation, technical training as needed, and other benefits. Xchange is an equal opportunity employer.
Thu, 4 May 2017 19:42:52 PDT