Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions (999362)
Nova Southeastern University seeks an Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions, responsible for meeting undergraduate enrollment goals through strategic marketing and recruiting initiatives designed to attract competitive prospective students to the university.
Nova Southeastern University (NSU), founded in 1964, is a nationally recognized research university offering undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees through our 16 colleges in the fields of Business, Dental Medicine, Education, Engineering and Computing, Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, Optometry, Pharmacy, Psychology, and Natural Sciences and Oceanography. NSU has earned an exemplary reputation for its innovative academic and interdisciplinary research offerings, making discoveries and producing new knowledge in health care, biotechnology, life sciences, environment and social sciences.
The NSU campus culture is vibrant, diverse, and welcoming – focusing on our commitment to community and civic engagement. Home to national champions, All-Americans, an Olympian, and professional athletes, the NSU Sharks compete in the NCAA Division II Sunshine State Conference. Through the FINS Football partnership, all NSU students receive free season tickets to home Miami Dolphins football games!
NSU is located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida – a city that offers an outstanding quality of life, highlighted by a semi-tropical climate with an average temperature of 77 degrees, rich natural beauty, world-famous beaches, and an array of cultural, entertainment and educational amenities.
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, NSU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
Become an NSU Shark!
Position Number: 999362
NSU Division: Student Affairs / College of Undergraduate Studies
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Type of Shift: Non-Faculty / Full Time
Benefits Eligible Regular Full Time with Benefits
Assists in meeting the undergraduate enrollment goals through marketing, recruiting, and assisting prospective students through the admission process. Assists in the coordination of marketing and recruitment efforts by ensuring appropriate follow up to prospective students to ensure stated enrollment objectives are met. Provides accurate information and counseling regarding educational opportunities to prospective freshmen, transfer students, parents, and counselors in a variety of settings, on and off campus. Assesses academic credentials of students and uses good judgment in administering admission decisions based on a thorough understanding of Nova Southeastern University's admission policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manages specific marketing and recruitment efforts for assigned prospective/applicant pool including, but not limited to, high school and community college visitations, presentations to clubs and organizations, telemarketing, participation in college fairs, and related recruitment events (days, evenings and weekends). Overnight travel will be required.
- Works with admissions colleagues, academic advisers, financial aid officers, and residential life personnel to create an effective team and to ensure a smooth transition from inquiry to enrolled student status.
- Reviews student files and evaluates transcripts and transfer credits, makes admissions recommendations, and updates information in University student database.
- Maintains recruiting territory with oversight of a larger recruiting goal.
- Participates in developing goals and setting priorities desired to achieve the University's enrollment goals.
- Manages yield strategies for prospects and applicants. Collaborates with other Assistant Directors of Admissions to ensure consistent and accurate recruitment and marketing efforts.
- Manages caseloads of prospects and applicants. Interviews and counsels prospective students.
- Develops and implements creative approaches for recruiting both on and off campus.
- Builds relationships with prospective students, parents, and school counselors and advisors.
- Ensures timely processing of inquiries gained from recruitment trips.
- Maintains contact and provides superior customer service with prospective students from initial stages of inquiry through enrollment.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepares reports and assists management in special projects.
- Travels to other campus meetings and workshops.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to set priorities and to manage time effectively.
- Ability to use good judgment and make sound decisions.
- Understanding of the University environment and the ability to effectively communicate knowledge.
- Excellent office management skills, including computer literacy with the ability to work in a Window-based environment using various software packages (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work flexible hours in the evenings and weekends.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree or current enrollment in NSU Bachelors program.
- One year (1) or more of progressive admissions and/or marketing work experience.
- Must be able to travel and work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Possess valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Master's Degree.
- Minimum two (2) years admissions and/or marketing work experience in a higher education setting.
- Excellent knowledge and experience working with Banner and Hobson's systems, including troubleshooting and interpretation of reports.
- Knowledge of Banner and additional admissions software.
For more information or to apply, visit www.nsujobs.com, and search posting #999362
Nova Southeastern University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons based on race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, marital status, medical condition, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or covered veteran status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/5zmwdth66gp7zkk9