Sr. Software Developer
OpenVPN Technologies is seeking a Senior Systems and Software Engineer candidate with a strong working knowledge of C++, Java, Python, JSON and REST APIs, databases, TCP/IP networking, SSL VPN, routing protocols, and distributed systems. The ideal candidate will possess a solid conceptual foundation in the development of distributed and cloud-computing systems with an emphasis on cloud management and provisioning, network routing, load balancing, secure APIs, congestion control, reliability, performance monitoring, and reporting.
This staff level position will join a team that is responsible for the requirement specifications, system specifications, software development, testing, and maintenance of OpenVPN Access Server Software and Private Tunnel Software.
The responsibilities include:
- System requirements and specifications of OpenVPN commercial software.
- Development and support of a Linux based distributed Private Tunnel server software
- Development of a web-based API (using JSON and REST) for management of OpenVPN commercial software.
- Collaboration with other developers for development and deployment.
- 5 + years of network programming experience on Linux development environments. *Open Source experience is a plus.*
- Knowledge of system architecture and deployment (deb and rpm), redundancy and application scaling on Linux servers
- Strong networking experience on Linux including deep understanding of the Linux network stack and kernel networking modules such as xfilter/netfilter
- Strong programming experience on C/C++, Java and some Python (ideally experience with C++ Boost, Ember.js, Python libraries such as Twisted and SQLAlchemy, DropWizard)
- Solid experience in JSON and REST API development on both server and client side (ideally DropWizard/Jersey/Jackson)
- Experience with RDBMs (MySQL), NoSQL (Cassandra) and key-value store (Redis)
- Hands-on work experience with Linux platforms in a networking environment (Windows and Mac OSX network client experience is a plus)
- Experience with change management tools (Git) and the standard software development cycle
- Knowledge of SSL VPNs, IP routing, BGP, and other dynamic routing protocols
- Knowledge of encryption, PKI and other security concepts
- Knowledge of the following communication protocols: TCP/IP stack (UDP and TCP), Berkeley sockets, HTTP, HTTPS, and other networking protocols
- Computer Science graduate or post-graduate
OpenVPN Technologies is a privately held company based in the Pleasanton, California, integrating a suite of leading-edge networking and software technologies. OpenVPN Technologies has designed and deployed a virtual network software that provides secure, reliable, and scalable communication services, not only fulfilling the requirements of the traditional virtual private network (VPN) market, but also addressing the demands of next wave web-scale VPN services. OpenVPN, our award-winning open source VPN product, has established itself as a de-facto standard in the open source networking space, with over 10 million downloads since inception. OpenVPN Technologies is the provider of next-generation secure and scalable communication services, implementing its business plan through strategic partnerships with key application software providers and marketing its product to SMB market place through its OpenVPN web site that is experiencing more than 250,000 new SMB users, prospects, and customers per month.
San Francisco, CA
Thu, 4 May 2017 13:12:41 PDT