Project Manager Construction - Electrical
Automation Logistics Corporation has an immediate need for a Project Manager to focus on small to large electrical installation projects. The successful candidate must be well versed in all facets of electrical construction as well as managing, planning, scheduling, assigning, participating in and inspecting the work of electricians and trades helpers on electrical projects.
• Substantial and extensive experience with electrical construction both in the field and in an office environment
• Strong Understanding of the NEC
• Ability to start, manage and complete projects without guidance from management or with minimul direction.
• Ability to review and implement electrical plans, specifications, schedules and contract documents.
• Knowledge and understanding of the responsibilities and impacts of project execution when interfacing with Subcontractors
and or customers.
• Ability to develop detailed project schedules, installation, material/inventory control while maintaining overall project
• Develop and execute manpower schedules including mobilization procedures
• Knowledge of 3rd party procurement including development of RFPs/RFQs, bid review and assessment, and contract award in cooperation with purchasing resources
• Experience with and execution of general processes associated with change order control, approvals, and information exchange involving several entities, both internal and external
• Ability to cause team and organizational action to mitigate scope, schedule, and cost concerns both internally and with customers
• Experience with the coordination of on-site activities involving many (sub) contractors vying for the same space and time.
Facilitates the execution of projects/programs. Supports the project/program management role (scheduling, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource allocation management). Acts as a function of the business processes on projects or programs. Facilitates execution of continuous improvement. May perform active role in maintaining client relationships and sales opportunities.
Successfully defines work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness. May develop departmental budgets, and business plans. May evaluate and recommend changes in methods or procedures in own area of responsibility. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. May recommend / determine organizational structures and supervisory relationships for own segment of company. May be responsible for overall success and function of projects.
Minimum HS Diploma; Bachelors Degree Strongly Preferred.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for managed work group(s) and how it supports related operations. Demonstrates understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action. Typically 5-8 years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Key Working Relationships:
Primarily intra-organizational contacts and external contacts.
In addition to salary, commissions and incentive plans, we offer
• Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Vacation/Holiday Pay
• Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Professional Associations, Conferences and Subscriptions
• Company Meetings & Events
Automation Logistics Corporation is a global electrical/mechanical contractor with its primary
focus being the material handling
industry. We provide a comprehensive range of services for warehouse logistics and materials
handling systems. Our successful track record has led to us being one of the most trusted installation
and assembly enterprises with more than 500 successful
small, medium, and large completed automated system installations.
Thu, 4 May 2017 08:03:21 PDT