Senior Infrastructure Engineer
- Global team engineer who is responsible for key application infrastructure technology management.
- This includes Hadoop/Informatica platform management for our Enterprise Data Warehouse, TIBCO for our Enterprise service Bus, and other new technologies our business partners require us to implement or support.
- This role requires an individual with demonstrated project management skills, an independent, self -motivated mindset who will investigate/recommend best practices, utilizing strong technical knowledge, mentoring others and provide guidance of our partners who responsible for day to day operations.
- Bachelor degree for Information Technology/Computing/Engineering or work equivalent
- Minimum 4+ years working in Information Technology positions
- Experience in prior job as Level 3 or level 4 required
- Avid willingness to both learn and share knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as illustrated through previous work experience; ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of staff, management and customers
- General operational expertise such as good troubleshooting skills, understanding of system's capacity, bottlenecks, basics of memory, CPU, OS, and storage
- Hadoop specific knowledge: Ability to deploy Hadoop cluster, add and remove nodes, keep track of jobs, monitor critical parts of the cluster, configure name-node high availability, schedule and configure it and take backups
- Linux OS knowledge required; Unix knowledge (a plus)
- Strong Conceptual ITIL knowledge required; certification (a plus)
- Familiarity with open source configuration management and Linux scripting
- Network fundamentals required
- Hadoop administration (HBase, Hive, Pig, etc) and/or Tibco administration required
- VMWare knowledge desired
- Informatica administration desired
- SAP knowledge (a plus)
- IIS knowledge or Web Server administration knowledge (a plus)
- Experience working in a global organization with distributed support model (a plus)
- Service Now ticketing software experience (a plus)
- Knowledge of Troubleshooting Core Java Applications (a plus)
CATS CO (Computer Applications and Technical Services) is a Technology Consulting and Premier Talent Acquisition Management supplier of contract and direct placement services. Our Client offers an excellent place to advance in your career, a very competitive salary and an excellent benefit package.
Thu, 4 May 2017 12:17:40 PDT