PJM Technical Specialist/Interconnection
PJM Technical Associate (Technical Specialist)
Contractor needed for a long term assignment. Position is to support major electric utility client with demand response programs. Must know and have experience or be an extremely fast learner and easily adapt to PJM related rules, regulation and processes; have a knowledge of energy markets and have superior MS Excel skills and communication skills.
Our northern NJ electric utility client manages energy efficiency and demand response programs based upon approved Board Orders from the NJ Board of Public Utilities. The Client participates in the PJM RPM Capacity Auctions andd some of these resources also participate in other available PJM markets such as day-ahead energy and real time economic energy sales.
Our firm seeks an associate that will be responsible for planning and developing PJM bid and offer proposals, reviewing and obtaining internal and external stakeholder approvals, and updating PJM eSuite systems for participating in the electric capacity markets. Must monitor committed resource forecasts verses actual results, and propose steps necessary to make adjustments to gaps. Assist in preparation of measurement and verification reports and the selection of vendors to perform M&V site work.
Key candiate will need to develop an understanding of program procedures and requirements as well as related PJM policies and requirements. Person must ensuree that all program procedures and support materials are maintained in full compliance with program requirements and that any new requirements are incorporated in a timely fashion. If new rules or requirements are passed or proposed, this associate must make recommendations on the Client\'s northern NJ electric utility client should proceed. Associate will also need to assist with monitoring and maintaining compliance with all Federal, State, PJM, and NERC requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Economics, Finance or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills (written in MS Work, verbal and be highly reliable and accountable)
- Very good (strong) MS Excel skills (look up, pivoit tables, macro writing, analysis reports and formating)
- Detailed individual with strong analytical and organizational capabilities
- Strong computer skills with MS Excel and Word (very important)
- 5+ years of technical/analytical work experience
- Knowledge of deregulated energy markets, such as PJM, and familiarity with capacity market auction processes
- Knowledge of Demand Side Resource technologies and how they interact with electric grid infrastructure
- Demonstrated Knowledge of PJM eSuite programs including eLRS, eMKT, eRPM
It is also possible that for the right associate with working knowledge that wants to learn and is a fast learner and trainable is also suitable for this position. The Clients professional staff is willing to train and mentor the right associate, if they feel you the right fit.
** Must be able to legally work in the United States
Tri-Power Consulting Services goal is to help Engineering, IT and Admin TOP TALENT obtain contract jobs with our large Electric Power Utility client as well as other reputable clients. Let us give you the opportunity you are looking for - Apply today!!
Thu, 4 May 2017 11:16:47 PDT