General Description of Opportunity:
Align Builders is growing! Simply put, we are looking for kick-ass team members who possess solid values, can provide clear communication, offers consistently strong work ethic, and has the ability to build lasting relationships. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a progressive and growing company with clear focus and purpose. Do NOT apply to this opportunity if you are merely looking for a "job", we want someone who is willing to contribute to our growth and reputation.
Competencies / Characteristics Required:
- • Strong team player with a reputation of hard work ethic
- • Can read and interpret plans, specifications, and code
- • Communicates productively and clearly
- • Organizes daily/weekly tasks
- • Disciplined in managing and executing multiple tasks and assignments
- • Ability to travel within the San Diego/Orange County region
- • Understands and recognizes quality.
- • Aptitude and passion to learn, listen, and grow
- • Maintains a positive and professional attitude under pressure
- • Clearly understands and embraces working TOGETHER as a team
Essential Functions and Abilities Required:
- • Provide full time day-to-day supervision on site, coordinating all trades in a productive and safe manner.
- • Organizes and solves critical issues and road blocks on a daily basis.
- • Manages the CPM schedule and Three Week Look Ahead to ensure delivery of our commitments.
- • Understands and utilizes LEAN fundamentals to determine the most productive work flow.
- • Managers and delivers projects with a high standard of quality.
- • Maintains a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
- • Manages the jobsite safety program and keeps all project participants accountable to rules/regulations.
- • Conduct effective weekly coordination meetings with trade foremen.
- • Maintain detailed daily logs of all project activities.
- • Schedules interim and final inspections required by jurisdictional authority.
- • Works with Project Team to maintain and organized project fundamental (submittals, RFI's, Safety, Closeout, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Coordination - Proven skills to effectively coordinate and deliver complex projects within new and existing/operational environments.
- Building Fundamentals - has a range of experience in field operations, construction means and methods, including project scheduling, management of subcontractors, and project closeout.
- Safety - is competent in the management of all major construction hazards through training and experience. Has the ability to effectively identify hazardous conditions and unsafe acts or practices.
- Financial Understanding - understands project cost reports and can use them to evaluate the financial status of a project.
Education / Experience Required:
- Preference with local project experience.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience as a superintendent having successfully managed projects of at least $1M in value.
- Experience should be in commercial construction, preferably in Health Care (OSHPD), Life Sciences, and Office.
- Strong computer skills with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and basic skills with scheduling software Primavera P3.
- Interpersonal skills - ability to engage with business partners and team members in a constructive, productive way to overcome obstacles and achieve results
Align Builders, Inc. is a Southern California based general contractor delivering solutions in the technical and demanding markets of Healthcare, Life Sciences, Industrial, and Corporate construction.
We are a cohesive team that is flat out passionate about planning, finding solutions, and bringing people together to make things happen!
San Diego, CA
Thu, 4 May 2017 09:21:45 PDT