Conscious Discipline Coach Specialist
PROJECT PROGRAM MANAGER
Working Title: Conscious Discipline Coach Specialist
Type of Employment: Staff
Department: Childhood Services
Division: Academic Affairs and Research
Location: Employee's Home
Proposed Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position Summary: The position of Project Program Specialist assists with implementation of one or more of the projects within Childhood Services that support quality improvement for licensed child care facilities. This position reports directly to the Project Coordinator.
This position is governed by institution policy. This position is funded by an external source and the appointment shall not continue beyond the date funding ceases. This position may be located anywhere in the state of Arkansas; it will require regular travel to sites throughout the state.
- Provide technical assistance, coaching, and training on Conscious Discipline, Curriculum, and Behavior Help.
- Work with early childhood programs to coordinate staff training and implementation of developmentally appropriate practices in regards to Conscious Discipline, Curriculum, and Behavior Help.
- Work with early childhood programs to develop program improvement plans to include Conscious Discipline, Curriculum, and Behavior Help..
- Participate in the development and implementation of short- and long-term goals related to Childhood Services projects.
- Follow project procedures and compile information for reports and evaluations.
- Participate in evaluation and review of Childhood Services projects.
- Establish an in-home office area to maintain files and documentation needed to complete the duties of the job.
- Requires frequent travel
- Needs to be trained and familiar with Conscious Discipline, Curriculum, and Behavior Help.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Days/Hours: 8 hours daily Monday-Friday
Some evenings and weekends.
Knowledge/Skills/Ability: Knowledge of and experience with program evaluation tools and state quality standards.
Knowledge of best practices in early childhood education, including program management and leadership.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work efficiently in a team environment.
Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
The ability to develop, plan, and implement short and long term goals.
Skills in organizing, prioritizing, and implementing projects.
Skills in Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Word, Excel, and Power Point. Familiarity with Internet-based applications is also necessary.
Travel required throughout the state and limited overnight stay.
Knowledge of Arkansas Minimum Licensing Requirements for Child Care Centers
Minimum Qualifications: Formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree in early childhood/elementary education, child development, or related field. Three years or more of experience working in an early childhood program.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.