Front Desk Assistant
Working Title: Front Desk Assistant
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: School of Medicine
Posting Date: 05-04-2017
The Department of Research Administration in the School of Medicine at the University of Virginia is seeking a Front Desk Assistant. The incumbent serves as a primary point of contact for the office and duties include greeting visitors, data entry, opening and distributing mail, retrieval of files, verifying information and routing paperwork.
Position requires High School Diploma or equivalent with experience at least 1 year clerical or administrative work. Bachelor's Degree may substitute for work experience. Must have strong organizational skills, professional demeanor, ability to prioritize tasks, maintain confidentiality, attention to detail and able to work in fast paced environment.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Applicants should complete a staff application through the Jobs@UVa website and provide a cover letter, resume, and a
list of three references. To apply visit jobs.virginia.edu and search for posting #0620906
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong organization skills.
2. Resourceful to prioritize work and manage time.
3. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
4. Proficient communication skills- both verbal and written.
5. Adaptability to change.
6. Attention to detail and accuracy especially when multi-tasking.
7. Ability to provide professional demeanor for greeting visitors and routing phone calls.
8. Reading comprehension skills.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81816