Youth Computer Science Teaching Assistant - DC
The Youth Program Teacher Assistant supports instructors in the classroom as they teach programming classes to kids and teens. This role is responsible for supporting the delivery of the curriculum, providing classroom management support, and one-on-one and small group instruction.
Calling all coders with teaching experience and teachers with coding experience: Strayer's youth coding initiative, Generation Code is hiring! We are looking for passionate educators capable of teaching one or more of the following courses:
• Scratch Animation and Design (Ages 7-10) - Experience with visual programming platforms such as Scratch, Code.org, etc.
• Scratch Game Design (Ages 7-10) - Experience with visual programming platforms such as Scratch, Code.org, etc.
• Exploring Hardware and Robots (Ages 9-11) - Experience with Raspberry Pi or Arduino
• Game Development with Java (Ages 13-17) - Experience with Java
• Android Development Bootcamp (Ages 13-17) - Experience with Android Development Studio
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.