Part-Time Intramural Coordinator
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Southwestern Michigan College, a two-year college located approximately 30 minutes north of South Bend, Indiana, and approximately 30 minutes from Lake Michigan’s eastern shore is seeking a Part-time, Intramural Coordinator.
The Intramural Coordinator will work up to 28 hours per week from 2:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. for 8 months (August-April).
The Intramural Coordinator will develop and implement extra-curricular activities and intramural sports at Southwestern Michigan College. The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implement, evaluate, and update the College’s Intramural sports program. Plans include, but are not limited to, program development, preparation of physical facilities, equipment, promotion & recruiting, and community outreach.
• Operate the day-to-day program, including the recruiting of athletes and officials, formation of teams, leagues, and schedules, supervision of games, and preparation of facilities.
• Maintain fiscal control and accurate accounting of all internal and external funds and supporting records of the intramural program.
• Establish guidelines for the appropriate use and scheduling of facilities, equipment and ensure compliance with College facility use procedures and state requirements for the intramural program.
• Coordinate facility and equipment usage with the physical education department, the Fitness Center and with other appropriate College departments.
• Develop and maintain close liaison with the sports community within the Community College District to provide athletic outreach and to optimize recruitment efforts.
• Manage and utilize internet resources and social media outlets to the advantage of the intramural sports program.
• Promote the importance of athletics in personal and professional development.
• Supervise and develop the physical and moral enhancement of male and female participants, commensurate with their educational goals and support the College’s educational mission.
• Hire and supervise part-time Student Activity Center workers, specifically intramural officials.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Experience with mentoring, teaching, coaching, refereeing or a related skill set with college-age adults.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably a degree in Physical Education, Sports Management, Sports Administration or a related degree;
• Experience in project or program management that is related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
•Use of machines and equipment.
•Excellent oral and written communication skills.
•Planning and organizational skills.
•Ability to assess situations and make decisions quickly.
•Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard as well as seeing to read and review materials for accuracy.
•Hearing and speaking to exchange information with students, staff and public.
•Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Posting Number 20110562
Job Category Staff
Reference Request Details
Accept References Yes
Minimum Requests 3
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What experience do you have organizing sports activities?
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Inside Higher Ed
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- MI Talent
- MCCA Website
- The Ladders
- Michigan Center for Nursing
- Indiana Career Connect
- Employee Referral
- SMC Website
- SMC Job Alert Email
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcripts