Head Baseball Coach
The Head Coach of Baseball organizes, conducts and supervises all aspects of a Division II Baseball team, within the parameters designated by the University, Sunshine State Conference and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The coach will create a positive environment to promote a winning culture.
***In addition to a resume, the following documents are required for consideration. Please upload documents in one file (.PDF or Word) to the APPLICANT PACKET section of the application:
The Head Baseball Coach will be responsible for the following tasks and duties:
- Teach team members the individual skills and techniques associated with the sport.
- Teach team members the game tactics associated with the sport.
- Teach team members proper nutrition needed for participation in collegiate athletics.
- Teach team members proper time management strategies to balance academic and athletic team demands.
- Teach team captain leadership strategies.
- Instruct, monitor, counsel and assist student athletes to make sure that they meet satisfactory progress and eligibility rules.
- Provide appropriate leadership, direction, and supervision relevant to the academic progress and personal development of student-athletes within the program.
- Create a positive and productive environment for the student-athletes.
- To recruit student athletes that are capable of graduating from this institution.
- Schedule opponents with a proportional amount of home and away, conference and non-conference and regional games.
- Monitor academic success for student athletes.
- To be knowledgeable and follow all University, Conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Adhere to NCAA Division II, SSC, and Saint Leo University rules and regulations, supporting the philosophy, goals, and mission of the University and its intercollegiate athletics program.
- Adhere to departmental policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Hours: This is a full-time 12-month position. Normal hours are 8:30 to 4:30 but applicants must be flexible to the needs of the program and department. Hours will vary during in season and off season. This is a benefits eligible position.
Must be willing to work and travel nights and weekends as the game schedule and recruiting requires.
- Bachelors' degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Collegiate Baseball Coaching experience
- Knowledge of coaching tactics and techniques.
- Ability to motivate student-athletes.
- Ability to prioritize practice plans, recruiting and game management.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer programs.
- Ability to recruit student athletes.
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Successful Collegiate Head Coach experience
Job ID 2017-1434
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo