Northern Stamping, Inc., a well established automotive supplier located in Cuyahoga Heights is conducting a search for a Quality Engineer.
The Quality Engineer will support the quality function with respect to new products and engineering change control. In addition the Quality Engineer will be responsible for supplier assessments, selection, development and troubleshooting of quality and delivery issues. This position works closely with both internal and external customers; working in fast paced environment where agility and creativity is recognized.
This is an exciting opportunity for a detailed oriented self-starter, strategic, assertive Quality Engineer who is an out of the box thinker.
- Quality assurance of all direct material including process assessment, process control plans, PFMEAs, inspection plans, and statistical data
- Supplier quality management
- Supplier quality performance monitoring and reporting
- PPAP coordination of direct vendor material
- Review and disposition of supplier PPAPs
- Achieve Quality, Cost, and Delivery targets associated with volume and each new product launch before or after SOP
- Quality planning and assurance associated with engineering changes (ECRs) including process layout and flow, statistical and process control, and poka yokes
- Maintain and interpret SPC data
- Lead/implement Kaizan projects
- Valid drivers' license is required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or a minimum five (5) years of experience working at a Tier 1 supplier or equivalent in a high volume automotive manufacturing company
- Demonstrated knowledge of TS16949 Quality Management System
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team in the planning, follow up and successful execution of deliverables
- ASQ certified CQE, CQM, Green belt and/or CQA
- Project team/management experience
- Proficiency in application of Advanced Quality Planning techniques, FMEA, process flow diagram, process control plan, quality measurement and statistical techniques, quality tools, and poka yoke techniques
- Working knowledge and application of SPC techniques (capability studies, trend analysis)
- Personal computer skills (MS Office); Minitab experience a plus
- Proficiency in the application of Value Stream Mapping
We not only provide a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, but the opportunity to expand your career. This is a chance to join a privately held, locally owned manufacturer who is uniquely positioned for growth.
Only individuals that meet the position qualifications will be considered "applicants".
Submitting a resume only, does not meet the definition of an applicant.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Northern Stamping, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
With over 38 years of experience, the company has evolved into a highly capable and innovative supplier of complex engineered stampings and welded assemblies. NSI has distinguished itself by solving difficult engineering and production challenges. We take pride in a responsible manufacturing environment with an efficient cost structure, high quality production, and 100% on-time delivery. NSI retains a key competitive advantage by providing customers greater flexibility, customization, and being a solutions-oriented supplier.
NSI knows our strength as an organization begins with the people we employ and in selecting the very best individuals to join our team. That is why we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse work group that reflects who we are.
We value employees who embrace challenges and thrive in a culture of innovation, integrity and quality. NSI offers career opportunities for experienced professionals, internships as well as direct placement positions for recent college graduates.
Cuyahoga Heights, OH
Wed, 26 Apr 2017 10:45:04 PDT