Assistant Director II
Assistant Director II
Assistant Director II
Housing-Admin - 163800
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm; Some weekends
The Department of Housing and Residence Life at the University of North Texas is a growing organization which serves nearly 6,300 students in 15 residence halls. Our department is organized into the following areas: housing operations, residence life, and financial administration. UNT Housing contributes to the mission of the university by promoting safe and inclusive living environments, fostering student connections and campus engagement, and providing diverse learning opportunities.
The Housing Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Assistant Director II for Community Standards to join our team.
Reporting to the Associate Director for Residence Life and the Senior Associate Dean of Students, the Assistant Director for Community Standards is a leader within the university's residence life operation, supervising 3-5 hall directors and coordinating the enforcement of community living standards and the Code of Student Conduct by all residence life staff. The Assistant Director also works with the Dean of Students Office as an investigator for serious and/or complex student disciplinary referrals (including Title IX complaints) and responds to student crises.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Supervises 3-5 full-time hall directors and 1 graduate assistant.
* Serves as a member of the department management team to assist in executing department-wide initiatives and decision-making.
* Trains and oversees residence life staff in the enforcement of community living standards and the Code of Student Conduct, including oversight of hall directors' investigations and issuance of findings for disciplinary referrals.
* Investigates and issues findings for serious and/or complex student disciplinary referrals (including Title IX complaints).
* Receives and responds to CARE Team referrals to assess and support students in crises.
* Serves in the Housing and/or Dean of Students Office on-call rotation.
* Serves as a liaison between Housing and Residence Life and the Dean of Students Office: Attends staff meetings for both departments and works with the Associate Director for Residence Life and the Senior Associate Dean of Students to build and maintain a positive interdepartmental working relationship.
* Leads departmental committees and initiatives as requested.
* Represents the department on division and university-wide committees and initiatives as requested.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and four years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* ATIXA certified
* 4-5 years of professional experience in housing and residence life, including at least 2 years as a conduct officer, and at least 2 years of undergrad or grad student supervision and at least 1 year of professional supervision experience with Maxient or similar conduct databases
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting