UMC Program Coordinator
Who we are:
The University Memorial Center (UMC) is accepting applications for the position of UMC Program Coordinator. The UMC is the student union and heart of the University of Colorado Boulder Campus. It is a dynamic environment with a variety of resources, activities, services, and programs occurring daily. This position has primary responsibility for advising the student-run CU NightRide program, a program that provides free night-time rides to CU Boulder students, staff, and faculty. The UMC Program Coordinator also works with the UMC Assistant Director for Administration on projects, training, and assessment for the UMC. We value providing a welcoming environment that supports students' success in and outside of the classroom and that offers a quality facility and services for the staff, faculty and community of CU Boulder. As part of the Division of Student Affairs, the UMC looks for opportunities to collaborate with our colleagues on campus to accomplish departmental, division, and campus-wide goals. We are an auxiliary department supported by student fees through the campus' student government.
The Division of Student Affairs values the diverse backgrounds, histories, identities and life experiences of every member of our community. We strive toward inclusive excellence in making our policies, processes and actions socially just and equitable. We celebrate and embrace differences. We are committed to welcoming and including diverse groups and perspectives in building a climate in which all members can thrive in an environment where they feel at home, welcome and safe.
What your key responsibilities will be:
CU NightRide -
- Advise and help coordinate the student-run CU NightRide (NR) student program, including periodic evening and weekend shadowing of shifts, attending biweekly NR Leadership Team meetings and monthly staff meetings, and supervising the Director of CU NightRide (student) and Assistant Director of Operations (student).
- Manage TapRide software: ensure ADA compliance, coordinate communications with vendor, address bugs and notify supervisor and student staff in a timely manner, act as back-up software trainer, and manage report building.
- Support the development, evaluation, updating, and enforcement of program features such as policies and procedures, incident reporting and documentation, manuals, hiring processes, trainings, and internal and external communications.
- Support marketing efforts and ensure student staff are fully engaged in social media accounts.
- Ensure staff complete all required trainings and follow protocol for opening, operating, and closing.
- Serve as liaison to Transportation services: maintenance of vehicles, quarterly meetings, supporting student assistant director of operations.
- Support team in hiring of new staff according to campus guidelines and ensure program is fully staffed and trained for year-round operations.
- Guide NR Leadership Team in areas of leadership, program operation and development, campus relationship building, and student development.
- Ensure spending is aligned with campus and student-fee policies and processes.
- Coordinate staff appreciation activities and/or events, within budget, for staff and student staff.
- Support Veterans Day Ceremony.
- Produce UMC Alumni Newsletter with support from UMC executive assistant.
- Support fundraising and development projects.
- Support UMC programming efforts and assist with supervision of student staff related to evening programming by the UMC.
- Create and manage record keeping systems.
Training and Development -
- Assist with staff and student staff training logistics and facilitation for UMC and other cost centers.
- Serve on UMC Student Employee Committee and assist with projects: student staff orientation, developing learning outcomes and updating student job descriptions, etc.
- Develop positive and productive working relationships with UMC staff and cost center staff.
- Help manage SECA; marketing, displays, reservations, etc.
Other Duties -
- Other duties as assigned, such as assisting with building wide event coordination, ensuring the UMC mission is reflected in activities and communication, and contributing information for reports on the Division of Student Affairs and UMC strategic plans.
What you should know:
This position will occasionally require working evenings or weekends.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $48,000.00.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be innovative. Be inclusive. Be inspired. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the fields of psychology, education, business, or a related field.
- Experience coordinating/managing program budgets.
- Experience advising a student organization.
- Experience training and/or facilitating small groups (up to 30) in an engaging format.
What you will need:
- Understanding of student development theory and concepts.
- Detail orientated and organized.
- Strong written and verbal professional communication skills.
- Experience supporting and collaborating with leadership.
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously.
- Comfortable in an externally facing position, representing the program with various constituencies.
What we'd like you to have:
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in the area of student affairs, higher education, or a related field.
- Two or more years advising student organizations or programs.
- At least one year supervising student staff.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by 5/19/2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-09383.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Student Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10430 - UMC-Administration
Posting Date: May 4, 2017
Closing Date: May 19, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00003454