IT Change Program Manager
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Information Technology
IT Change Program Manager
Position #733247 - Requisition #09480
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Office of Information Technology has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified IT Change Program Manager position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The Office of Information Technology works to advance the University mission by providing innovative technology solutions and services to the CU Denver Anschutz Medical Campuses, their constituents and partners.
Through our six core values, Service, Professionalism, Leadership, Innovation, Community, and Excellence (SPLICE), we make a difference.
Click here to find out more about the Office of Information Technology
This position will apply a structured methodology to lead the IT organizational change management activities of the various schools and units at the University, ensuring they are prepared for new technical systems implementations and business process change initiatives. This position will work on large-scale system-wide projects which includes the CU System Office and other campuses.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Assess the impact of and barriers to change for each constituent level using organizational change management tools and methodologies, including identifying impacted stakeholders, project concerns and influence on project success
- Work with project leadership to develop strategies, plans and approaches to ensure the successful roll-out of change to the user community; integrate change management activities into project plan
- Facilitate development of a cross-campus organizational change management network, focused on championing readiness for IT change initiatives on an ongoing basis
- Cultivate and perform duties as a senior member of the organizational change management network at the program level, comprising project team members and members from every major school and unit; perform duties as a senior member of the program change management network, leading members through readiness tasks at campuses and in units to prepare for implementation and business process changes
- Review and approve changes to readiness strategies; manage readiness activities based on the people side of change; develop readiness documentation to ensure school and unit readiness; coordinate with training teams and other functional and technical team members to ensure that all team members understand the effects of their actions on the user community
- Work with project team members and process owners to gain an understanding of process changes and develop plans to communicate to the university community; prepare presentations and other communication materials to proactively inform community about changes
- Work with school and key senior administrators to develop approaches to communicating system and process changes; develop plans, schedules and materials related to communications
- Act as a two-way conduit, relaying information between the project team and users; ensure that issues raised are tracked, addressed and resolved; build relationships with users to ensure the success of system- and process-change initiatives performed by the project
- Work with communications lead/team to develop communications vehicles, such as newsletters, posters, website content; work with functional and technical team members to develop communications content
- Perform project management duties as assigned
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $70,000 to $85,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or IT related or business related.
- 2 years' experience in change management, project management or business analyst.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to travel between campuses (Denver Campus and Anschutz Medical Campus)
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- Masters Degree
- 2 years change management experience
- CCMP Certification from ACMP
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills
- Strong team-building skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional time management capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to navigate a complex political environment
- Demonstrated success translating technical issues and matters to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of varying skills and knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to engage with senior management and gather their feedback
- Knowledge of the University of Colorado's financial, HR/payroll and/or research administration processes is desirable
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials, HCM or another ERP system is desirable
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60131 - ADM-AVCOIT Administration
Posting Date: May 4, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: OIT Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: ucd-oit.HumanResources@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00733247