Research Support Coordinator
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine ACCORDS
Research Support Coordinator (Administrative Assistant III)
Position #2565 - Requisition 09451
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The Adult and Child Consortium for Health Outcomes Research and Delivery Science (ACCORDS) is a research program at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, School of Medicine. ACCORDS conducts comparative effectiveness, dissemination and implementation, health outcomes, and health services research.
The Research Support Coordinator provides administrative and research support for the ACCORDS Administrator, ACCORDS Directors, Principal Investigator(s) and their designees. This individual will work independently, as well as collaboratively, with investigators and project managers in coordinating research support activities relating to all programs and educational initiatives of ACCORDS. This role will assist in calendaring, reimbursement, manuscript formatting and submission, and provide assistance with research grants, including preparation of PowerPoint presentations and research poster presentations. The Research Support Coordinator is responsible for the application of, and compliance with, University policies and procedures and will also be responsible for training and advising center faculty and staff of these policies and procedures.
Examples of Work Performed: General tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in meeting arrangements, calendaring and processing travel reimbursements.
- Assist with department conferences, retreats and other special events.
- Assist with job postings, downloading applicant information and scheduling interviews.
- Process bi-weekly student time sheets and monthly leave usage.
- Process telephone and long distance code requests for office, program copier codes, schedule equipment maintenance, and supply ordering.
- Coordinate placement and payment for advertisements in study recruitment.
- Compile and format Biosketches for grant applications and enter grant updates in tracking database.
- Compile and format information for department meetings, annual reports, tenure/promotion portfolios, and miscellaneous reports to funders and other entities.
- Track publication and abstract submissions for center.
- Assist with reference management (EndNote) and formatting references in publication or grant submissions.
- Assist with formatting on posters and presentations.
- Perform other Duties as requested by ACCORDS Administrator to support a wide range of research and project needs such as conference/seminar logistics, data entry or aiding with focus groups.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Three years of general clerical or professional administrative experience.
- Experience in planning meetings with multiple attendees, conferences, seminars and/or educational workshops using electronic scheduling software.
Substitution: College, university or non-correspondence business school course work may be substitute on a year-for-year basis for the general experience, but not for the specific experience.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a preference in a business related field.
- Experience with Concur or other travel process software.
- Experience in a university or healthcare environment.
- Experience creating documents, spreadsheets presentations and reports using electronic software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with reference management software.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proactive with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with attention to details and accuracy.
- Technical capability to learn skills necessary to coordinate webinars.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to produce accurate and timely work products.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise appropriate discretion with information.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- This position requires the highest level of professionalism and exceptional customer service skills.
- Proficient using all Microsoft Office software.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.* REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Ellen Sullivan at Ellen.Sullivan@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21628 - SOM-COHO Center
Posting Date: May 4, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Ellen Sullivan
Posting Contact Email: Ellen.Sullivan@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00002565