Salary: $45,624 - $65,436
Title: Scheduling Assistant
Date Posted: 05/04/2017
Position Information: The Office of the Registrar is committed to delivering accurate, prompt, courteous, and consistent service to all students and to all constituents of the University, consistent with its educational mission. Under the direction of the Assistant Registrar, the incumbent assists with all aspects of classroom scheduling which includes academic classes, course-related events, student group classroom requests, and final exam scheduling in the Office of the Registrar. Responsibilities include; 1) Evaluating all classroom requests ensuring that the campus meets the UC system-wide requirement of a 67% classroom utilization ratio; 2) Determining what consideration for special requirements and preferences should be taken into account in the classroom assignment process; 3) Provide assistance with Learning Community Cohort enrollment processes; 4) Assists with the Course Approval process, and all aspects of the Faculty and Teaching Assistant forms. Come join our 20+ person team and contribute to UCR's reputation for extraordinary diversity, superior value, groundbreaking research and graduates who succeed.
Minimum Requirements: 1. Four (4) years of related experience.
2. Demonstrated strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize projects and assignments in a fast paced environment with attention to detail.
3. Skill in reviewing information, problems, or procedures to define problems or objectives, identify relevant factors, formulate logical/objective conclusions, and propose alternatives.
4. Ability to review reports and edits to detect errors, omissions, and inconsistent data and correct the errors in a rapid and appropriate manner with a thorough knowledge of resources for solving scheduling discrepancies.
5. Ability to work efficiently, effectively, and diplomatically with others including, administrators, colleagues, managers, faculty and staff. Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships
6. Ability to work as part of a project team and to be highly motivated and action-oriented.
7. Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook.
Preferred Qualifications: 1. Prior experience with Banner and/or Series 25 scheduling software.
2. Prior classroom scheduling experience in a university setting.
3. Knowledge of campus locations, departments and colleges with familiarity of and sensitivity to the academic philosophies underlying departmental policy and curricula.
4. Knowledge of various University and Academic Senate policies and practices with a demonstrated ability to combine and apply the various policies and guidelines governing classrooms and course enrollment.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview