Clinical Instructor/Assistant Professor
1. Consult on field placement and student related problems, concerns, and grievances to insure appropriate resolution.
2. Support and develop strategies to encourage the integration of field work and classroom content.
3. Lead a Field section, teach an Integrative Seminar, provide supervision, or teach classes as needed in the fall and spring semester.
4. Assist in developing new field placement sites and maintaining existing placement relationships.
5. Organize, plan and facilitate orientations and events for students and Field Instructors.
6. Attend and present field information in program orientations and School events.
7. Evaluate student placement choices, work/volunteer history, and learning style to best match students with available agencies and Field Instructors for practicum placements.Qualifications Minimum of an MSW; 6 years post MSW social work experience, including experience with field education, specifically: Social Work field administration, Social Work field teaching, and/or substantial supervision of social work students in field placements. Strong written and verbal skills are necessary. Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to manage multiple demands and responsibilities are important. Knowledge of the social service delivery system in Boone County and the State of Missouri is an asset.Salary Range $23,000 - $25,000 (position is approximately 20 hours/week or .50 FTE)
Application Materials Please register online and submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references. Questions regarding the position may be directed to Executive Staff Assistant, Patricia Fisher at email@example.com
May 31 2014
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Missouri is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: