Assistant or Associate Professor Special Title Series
The Department of Urology, at the University of Kentucky College of Medicine, is seeking a fellowship-trained, CAQH certified/eligible, Pediatric Urologist interested in an academic career. The successful candidate will serve as an Assistant or Associate Professor, Special Title Series, and must be committed to teaching, scholarly activity, and excellence in clinical care. Academic track and tenure status is dependent upon the candidate's experience and qualifications.
This position will be instrumental to fill a pediatric urology position, and will be instrumental in expanding Pediatric Urology services to a broader patient base. In addition, this position will participate in the education and training of residents and medical students rotating on the Urology service.
Qualified applicants will possess an MD or equivalent, and be board-certified or board-eligible in Urology. Experience with pediatrics required.
The Department of Urology at the University of Kentucky is a departmental unit within the UK College of Medicine. Main practice locations include University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center and the Veteran's Affairs (VA) Hospital. An outpatient clinic is established within the Kentucky Clinic, Lexington.
The University of Kentucky is home to the NCI-designated Markey Cancer Center, CTSA-supported Center for Clinical and Translational Science, Kentucky Neuroscience Institute, Saha Cardiovascular Research Center, Barnstable Brown Diabetes and Obesity Center, and NIA supported Sanders-Brown Center on Aging. The University of Kentucky is located in the heart of the Bluegrass Region, one of the top ranked areas in the country for quality of life. Additional information regarding the Department and the University are found at http://www.uky.edu.
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Questions regarding the position may be directed to Pete Rogers (email@example.com). However, to be considered an applicant for the position, please submit an application via the UK Jobs site.
Please include along with application:
1) Current Curriculum Vitae
2) Letter of Application
The University of Kentucky is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, African Americans, and all minorities.
Assistant or Associate Professor Special Title Series
Type of Position
Position Time Status
MD or equivalent
Required Related Experience
Completion of fellowship
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Urology Board certified or eligible
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Open Untill Filled
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- America's Job Exchange.com
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- * Do you have an MD degree or equivalent?
- * Are you board certified or board eligible in Urology?
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter