Title: Vice President for Information Resources and Technology
Reporting Structure: Reports to Senior Vice President for Information Resources and Technology (SVP IRT)/CIO with a dotted line to the President of the University through his Administrative Cabinet
Division: Information Resources and Technology (IRT)
Office of the IRT is responsible for the University’s information technology, information security, data integrity, compliance and disaster recovery processes.
This senior IT executive role reports to the SVP IRT/CIO and works with technology and operation officers to manage IT day-to-day operations to improve infrastructure, performance, effectiveness and end-user satisfaction and:
- Reports to the SVPIRT/CIO, providing in-depth operational and technical support.
- Oversees IT-related matters for major auxiliaries– Cooper Medical School of Rowan University (CMSRU), Rowan School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM), Rowan Innovations, the Division of Global Learning and Partnerships.
- Oversees IT-related matters of the major auxiliaries with the aim of creating maximum efficiencies across the University.
- Oversees IT-related matters for the integration of the major auxiliaries into the main campus.
- Directs teams of technical, professional and management staff in the successful fulfillment of IRT service delivery commitments.
- Oversees the execution of enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics to ensure IT delivers value to the enterprise.
- Directs risk evaluation and compliance management processes.
- Oversees infrastructure planning and deployment.
- Oversees the formulation of IRT policies, procedures, and performance management processes and measures.
- Directs resource management, with reference to the IRT workforce plan.
- May assume full SVPIRT/CIO responsibilities (or those responsibilities as directed) during the SVPIRT/CIO's absence.
- 10 or more years in IT and business/industry;
- Extensive experience in managing infrastructure and operations
- Five to seven years of leadership responsibility in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility
- Extensive knowledge of infrastructure planning and operations, design and deployment, as well as system life cycle management
- Strong budget planning, financial management and resource management skills
- Knowledge and experience with business operations and processes
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of diverse scopes in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to improve operational efficiency and service delivery effectiveness across all lines of business and technology platforms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others
- Experience in IT for Higher Education industry;
- Master’s Degree in IT or Engineering
- Advanced knowledge of business operations and processes
Review of applications will begin June 3, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.