International Admissions Counselor
This position primarily focuses on international admissions, which involves admissions and enrollment, international student services and international initiatives and coordination. This position reports to the Associate Director of International Admissions.
- Plans and implements initiatives and programs designed to target, recruit, and enroll international students from China
- Serves as the primary contact for prospective and admitted students and their families from China
- Develops travel strategies and travels internationally, represents the University at high school visits, college fairs, information sessions, public speeches, and international education conferences
- Possesses experience with enrollment management in an international setting
- Has a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Must live in Asia and be fluent in Mandarin
- Has print and web-based copywriting and editing experience
- Has exceptional organizational skills
- Has experience using Microsoft Office programs
- Is responsible for a travel territory, with overnight, weeknight, and weekend travel/responsibilities, with extensive travel during the recruitment season
- Has the ability to lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 lbs.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and the names and telephone numbers of three professional references to:
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Review of applications will begin immediately continuing until the position is filled. The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy is accessible at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html
Illinois Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusive excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity