Dentist Instructor - Sacramento, CA
Carrington College is seeking a Dentist to help our students in the classroom! Take charge of training the next generation of Dental hygienists and Dental Assistants! If you have a passion for sharing your knowledge and enjoy helping students reach their full potential, we want to talk to you! We are looking for a part-time Dentist at our Sacramento Campus who can work every Wednesday, must be available AM and PM hours.ATTENDING DENTIST'S RESPONSIBILITIES The suggested duties and responsibilities of dentists providing clinical supervision for patient care at Carrington College Dental Hygiene Clinic when treatment is being provided by students.
Dental with DDS/DMD
- Manage with the assistance of the POD instructor and/or Clinic Coordinator any medical history or dental emergency related to the care of patients, students and faculty.
Consult with student, POD instructors and the Clinic Coordinator regarding medical history, medication, and vital sign questions or concerns.
Refers patients for medical/dental consultations as necessary.
Consult with students, clinical faculty and the patient on extra-oral and intra-oral findings which deviate from normal.
Provides appropriate dental screenings for clinic patient.
Authorizes radiographs, provides prescription and supplies appropriate number of films.
Evaluates, interprets and discusses radiographs with the student, POD instructor and shares findings with the patient when appropriate.
Evaluates radiographs based on program criteria.
Evaluates and selects appropriate patients for sealant application.
Evaluates and selects appropriate patients for ITR.
Refers all patients for comprehensive dental examination or immediate referral in case of emergency.
Provides treatment and assists with minor dental procedures as necessary such as:
- Placement of temporary filling material
Re-cementation of a crown etc.
Adjustment of sealant material
Tends to soft tissue injuries.
Dental with DDS/DMD
- Must be licensed in State of CA
- Meet educational requirements as specified by ADA Commission on Dental Accreditation and other regional or national accrediting agencies.
- At least three years field experience
- Teaching experience or training desirable.