Lecturer of Education
The School of Education at Dalton State College seeks applications for a lecturer position for the School of Education beginning on August 01, 2017. Candidates must be prepared to teach undergraduate-level courses in education. Filling this position is contingent upon funding.
• Earned Masters or EDS degree in education or related field
Evidence of successful teaching in elementary or secondary classrooms
• Experience working with culturally and ethnically diverse communities
• Earned doctorate in Education or related field
• Three years of classroom teaching experience in grades 6-12
• Experience supervising pre-service teachers
• Demonstrated potential of scholarly productivity
• Commitment to collaboration with public schools
• Knowledge of and experience with integrating technology in teacher education
• Content knowledge/experience in one or more areas: Secondary education, mathematics methods and/or literacy
Responsibilities of this position include:
(a) The standard teaching load is 12 credits per semester (Teaching twelve – 4/4 courses semester-hour education courses, usually four courses in the fall and spring semesters) – Some of the course load may involve supervision of teacher candidates in the field.
(b) Academic advising, committee work, planning and assessment, other college and community service, and professional development
(c) Collaborate as a team member
(d) Other such duties as assigned by the Dean of the School of Education
(e) Faculty members are expected to pursue scholarly interests and to participate in university governance and curricular development. Faculty may be required to teach day, evening, or online courses.
A complete application must include (a) a letter of interest, (b) a statement of philosophy, (c) a current curriculum vitae, (d) three names of references and corresponding phone numbers, email addresses, and (e) transcripts of all college work. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled. Materials should be emailed electronically to Roben Taylor at Rtaylor6@daltonstate.edu
Please be advised that should you be recommended for a position, University System of Georgia Board of Regents policy requires the completion of a background check as a prior condition of employment. Employment opportunities, admissions policies, activities, services, and facilities of the College do not exclude any person on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin or disability. AA/EEO
Apply for Lecturer of Education
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly