Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position is responsible for administering, maintaining, monitoring and supporting the college’s computer systems and networks.
• Evaluates, installs, configures and supports client/server applications.
• Installs, upgrades, configures, maintains and supports Oracle databases.
• Performs server/database administration tasks, including system backup and disaster recovery.
• Configures, monitors, and maintains network configurations/infrastructure.
• Administers and monitors computers system security, including firewalls.
• Analyzes institutional needs and recommends and implements technical solutions to improve business processes.
• Prepares reports from computing systems/databases in support of business processes and decision making.
• Provides support for web and application development and program efforts.
• Develops computer system documentation and procedures for internal and external use.
• Advises, instructs, and guides IT staff in writing scripts and creating reports.
• Trains faculty, staff and students in the use of technology.
• Participates in audio/video production projects.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of current and emerging information technologies.
• Knowledge of current and emerging IT strategies related to server-related hardware, software, topologies, and standards in an academic environment.
• Knowledge of Oracle databases and application servers.
• Knowledge of relational database methodologies.
• Knowledge of operating systems and client/server environments.
• Knowledge of hardware and software configurations.
• Skill in managing technology projects at the enterprise level.
• Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
• Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with three years experience or service.
Combination of education and experience to be considered