- Provide a full range of administrative support to students, faculty, and staff in an extremely high-volume environment
- Provide support to over 600 Undergraduate students in the department, including Freshmen Orientation, advising sessions; Support Senior Design activities, such as ordering and reconciliation of expenses.
- Track and manage the graduate application process to ensure applications are reviewed and processed in a timely manner; includes processing all review sheets, study plans, and applications for candidacy.
- Using the Kuali Financial System, create check requests (DVs), purchase requisitions, etc., ensuring proper routing, approval, and follow through.
- Using the Workday HR/Payroll, create periodic requisitions for student, staff and adjunct faculty payroll, ensuring proper routing, approval, and follow through.
- Prepare, record, and reconcile TABERs for Department Director. Review/revise all other TABERS submitted for reimbursement.
- Work closely with University administrative staff (e.g., physical plant, catering) to facilitate all elements of departmental operations, including classrooms and labs
- Maintain office supplies. Ensure that office and Xerox supplies are stocked
- Maintain student, faculty, alumni, and External Advisory Board databases and mailing lists.
- Provide full support (e.g., scheduling, coordinating food logistics, etc.) for meetings and events of the department, including External Advisory Board meeting, Holiday Party, Freshmen Orientation, Department meetings, etc.
- Update and edit program information for brochures and Website.
- Draft correspondence on behalf of the Department Director as requested.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested.
- Position requires a college degree or equivalent administrative professional experience
- Demonstrated success in handling varied, multiple and competing priorities in a high volume office with a pleasant and cheerful demeanor focusing on student-centricity
- Ability to set priorities
- Ability to function effectively in a team-based environment
- Ability to take initiative, self-motivate and function autonomously
- Excellent judgment, problem solving, and data gathering skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Accuracy and ability to focus attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in word processing (Word), Power Point, Excel, Access, and familiarity with scheduling software.
- Capacity to communicate effectively within a strong customer service framework to all department stakeholders, including students, faculty, and staff
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.