Information Technology Coordinator
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver
South Denver Campus Location
Information Technology Coordinator
Position #2337 - Requisition 09454
CU South Denver is managed by the University of Colorado Denver, a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. All four CU campuses - CU Anschutz Medical Campus, CU Boulder, CU Colorado Springs, and CU Denver - collaborate in the success of the CU South Denver expansion. Located east of I-25 along Lincoln Ave. in Parker, the building was donated to the University of Colorado in 2015. The gift of the entire building and operations allows for more services, more convenience, and more value to be delivered to South Denver residents, employers, and business professionals. Classes are offered for degree-seeking and continuing education students and include popular interest areas such as nursing, engineering, education and business. CU South Denver serves as a cultural center and community asset, including an art and natural history museum, a large-screen movie theater, K-12 museum education programs, and community events for all ages. Catered event space for business, weddings and the community are available for rent. CU South Denver is a fun, educational place to work and help others.
This class describes the intermediate level. Positions operate independently in performing assignments that are limited to phases of a fully-operational professional assignment or which may be designed to provide continued training and experience. Work requires determining solutions to practical problems using specified professional standards and established criteria. Judgment is used to select and apply existing guidelines to solve problems and accomplish the assignment.
This position supports the needs of all constituents using the CU South Denver Classroom location and provides effective and efficient informational technology services for a wide variety of functions at the CU South Denver location. This position requires a high level of customer service skill and knowledge of and expertise with various technology systems.
This is a full-time position and requires the flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays. This position does require being on rotation for on-call.
Examples of Work Performed
- Provide server and network maintenance as directed. Provide phone and voicemail support to end users.
- Install, configure, and support computers, peripherals and software used for events, staff, K-12 and in the higher education classrooms and conference rooms as well as the integration of this hardware and software with other AV equipment, as directed.
- Monitor all staff, museum, classroom, and computer lab PCs, and their related peripherals, for proper operation. Develop and document preventative maintenance schedule for computers in classrooms and lab; keep logs up-to-date. Perform routine defragmentation, disk cleanup, patches, and installation to ensure high performance. Diagnose hardware failures and perform or coordinate repair. Swap unit with replacement, if necessary.
- Work with IT Manager on imaging all classroom and lab computers each summer.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot staff, museum, classroom, and computer lab printers.
- Install computer or audiovisual hardware and software; configure as needed.
- Provide audio/visual support for events, K-12, classrooms, computer lab and limited equipment checkout resources. This includes operation, configuration, networking, troubleshooting, scheduling, inventory monitoring, maintenance and repair.
- Prepare classrooms for distance education sessions as directed. Operate distance education equipment for the students and faculty in the classroom to enable the quality of education for local and distant students.
- Update technical/professional skills on a continuing basis. Employee will work with the IT Manager to identify training opportunities that can enhance their ability to do their jobs or training for new skills as new equipment or applications are deployed.
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located athttps://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with an associate's degree in Information Technology or related field
- Two years of experience in Information Technology or related field.
Substitution: College or university course work appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute on a year for year basis for the experience but not for the specific experience (if applicable).
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology
- Experience with Videoconferencing Technologies
- Experience with Active Directory and domains
- Experience with computer or application imaging software
- Experience working in a college or higher education environment
Conditions of Employment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, crawl, climb, stoop, kneel, talk, smell and hear. The employee needs the ability to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects and reach with hands and arms. Ability to climb stairs and stepladders
- The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, unassisted, on a daily basis. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent general electronic and technology skills.
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects with multiple deadlines.
- Flexible work style and attitude with a willingness to work as a member of a fast-paced team.
- Proficient in computer hardware troubleshooting
- Knowledge and proficiency in supporting Microsoft Windows 7 and 8, as well as Microsoft Office.
- Experience in preparing technical documentation.
- Ability to communicate both in writing and verbally using the English language.
- Proficient in troubleshooting networking issues for both wired and wireless networks.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Meghan Garcia at Megha.Garcia@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by 5/31/2017. Those who do not apply by 5/31/207 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60138 - ADM-VCSD Deputy Controller
Posting Date: May 3, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Meghan Garcia
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00002337