Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The Professional Research Assistant (PRA) position is designed to assist the Obstetrics Research Team within the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology with both industry and grant-funded clinical protocols. The role will be to assist the Perinatal Research Nurse Coordinator (NC) and Research Nurses with patient screening and recruitment. The position will primarily be based at both the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus and Denver Health. Some travel will be required between the two campuses.
The PRA will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Screen, recruit and consent research subjects at both University of Colorado and Denver Health
- Accurate data collection and data entry
- Collect, process, and ship samples for research
- On-call duty for deliveries and sample collection
- Issue study subject payments and maintain recordkeeping of SSPs in database
- Conduct follow-up phone interviews, schedule clinic visits
- Assist with WIRB/COMIRB submissions for new studies
- Assist with study-specific capitation and allocation of expenses
- Assist with maintenance of research folders/checklists, keep datasheets up to date
- Assist with study binders, excel follow-up spreadsheets, orientation packet, regulatory binder
- Collaborate with other research personnel and groups on a variety of studies
- Maintenance of study specific certifications, COMIRB training, computer training and other hospital required training.
- Bachelor's Degree with a fundamental knowledge of biology and medical sciences
- Computer knowledge
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with clinical research subjects and other health professionals
- Clinical Research experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Phlebotomy experience
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 8688
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21588 - SOM-OB/GYN BRS
Posting Date: May 11, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Bethany Ginzburg
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00732080