Job Title: DP&C - Inside Plant Civil Construction Specialist
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
Compensation: $37/hr - $47/hr
Duration: 2 year contract (W2 contractor only) (** Must be legally able to work in the United States)
Job Responsibilities include:
- Perform civil construction supervisory responsibilities for the Inside Plant Construction Group in the Delivery Projects and Construction (DP&C) Organization.
- Support the activities of major new, replacement and upgraded electric inside plant facilities.
- Manage and coordinate the work of multiple contractors and trades with responsibility for contract administration and compliance in accordance with Corporate Policy.
- Resolve contractor conflicts, schedule issues and labor disputes.
- Drive/promote Safety throughout the job site and ensure environmental compliance.
- Interface with governmental agencies for regulatory compliance with permitting and licensing requirements.
- Direct the layout, excavation, assembly/installation of major electrical equipment foundations, structures and conduit / cable.
- Coordinate the testing of spoils with Resource Recovery and schedule activities to minimize disruption to facilities.
- Provide daily job site inspection of work to ensure completion in accordance with established designs, specifications and Company/industry standards.
- Complete construction reports, Contractor billing, in-service reports, Contractor/vendor evaluations and project close-out reports.
- Perform on-call duties and provide emergency response and restoration of major inside plant failures.
- Direct contract employees as required.
- Supervise the efforts of Bargaining Unit Associates and Contractors (trade union personnel).
- Must complete necessary training and qualify to hold an assignment in the company's Tagging System.
- Knowledge and experience in electric distribution design/engineering, operations, maintenance or construction.
- Must have strong communications skills.
- High school graduate
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license
- ACI Concrete Inspector
- Bachelor's Degree (Engineering, Construction Management or Business)
- It is desired to have the ACI Certifications
Tri-Power Consulting Services goal is to help Engineering, IT and Admin TOP TALENT obtain contract jobs with our large Electric Power Utility client as well as other reputable clients. Let us give you the opportunity you are looking for - Apply today!!
South Plainfield, NJ
Wed, 3 May 2017 11:16:28 PDT