Associate Director (Academic Center Manager) - Center for Sustainable Energy
Reporting to the Dean of Workforce and Economic Development, the Associate Director of the Bronx Community College Center for Sustainable Energy will be responsible for the day-to-day management and development of this unique facility. Established in 2003, the Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) combines cutting-edge research in alternative fuels, renewable energy and energy efficiency with practical, hands-on training to prepare students for jobs and careers in sustainable energy. Full-time faculty, adjunct professors, instructors and staff work together in the research, curriculum development, instruction and training to prepare students
- including BCC students as well as Bronx and other NYC residents seeking training credentials -- for positions in this rapidly evolving sector of our economy. For example, the CSE has already trained over 2,000 local students as well as employees from the NYC Department of Buildings, FDNY, architecture and engineering firms. The CSE engages Bronx high school and college students in alternative energy research projects and hosts an annual Sustainable Energy and Design Conference for stakeholders across academia, industry and government. Visiting scholars from the City University of New York, U.S. and foreign universities are hosted in our state-of-the-art laboratories and classrooms.
Duties of the Associate Director of the CSE, in addition to the General Duties listed above, include but are not limited to:
- Curriculum development for both credit-bearing and non-credit certificate programs in Sustainability. CSE training curricula should be developed in close cooperation with industry partners to assure pathways for students to successful employment and careers. CSE areas of focus have included Photovoltaics, Building Efficiency, Urban Horticulture and Green Chemistry. New areas to be explored include Electric Vehicles (BCC has a unique and highly successful Automotive Technology program), Micro-Grid Systems, Renewables and Waste Management.
- Developing programs to support small businesses in the field of Sustainability (e.g. technology transfer, small business incubation, financing, etc.)
- Managing the marketing and communications of the CSE, including the CSE website, publications and the dissemination of Center research in scholarly journals.
- Forging and managing partnerships and providing sustainability leadership with Bronx community based organizations, high schools as well as other CUNY institutions by supporting and engaging in environmental initiatives.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' relevant experience required. Degree in Chemistry or Physics is desirable.
Experience in sustainability, program development and management, and fund-raising preferred. Experience in teaching or training, continuing education, marketing, workforce development, economic development also desirable, as are strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well with others.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages a College's specialized academic and/or research center operations under the direction of a senior administrator.
- Implements and monitors comprehensive curriculum development program; makes recommendations to improve Center policies and procedures
- Delivers a schedule of courses and workshops; analyzes programming outcomes
- Oversees Center's budget and daily administration
- Assists Director with developing funding and resource strategies
- Prepares reports for management; may write grant proposals
- May manage professional and/or clerical staff
- May act on behalf of Director in his/her absence
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Center Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
$61,394 - $90,871; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Salary subject to new contract implementation.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select "Employment", then select "Search Job Postings" and find JOB ID #16585. Please attach resume and cover letter. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to http://www.cuny.edu/employment/jobsysteminstructions.html for information.
Re-opened and extended until June 1, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Bronx Community College
Job Title: Associate Director (Academic Center Manager) - Center for Sustainable Energy
Job ID: 16585
Full/Part Time: Full-Time