DIRECTOR OF SUMMER TERM
JOB NO.: 90587-LI
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: EDUCATIONAL INNOVATION
Categories: Dean, Director, Executive
Employment Class: Limited
Position Vacancy ID: 90587-LI
Working Title: Director of Summer Term
Official Title: ASSISTANT DEAN/M(N22NM)
Hiring Department: A939000-DIVN OF CONTINUING STUDIES/EDUCATIONAL INNOVATION
Anticipated Begin Date: JULY 15, 2017
Minimum $75,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- 5 years of experience, including but not limited to oversight and direction of complex programs and/or projects. Experience in higher education preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Demonstrated competency in budget management.
- Experience establishing plans, processes, and metrics.
- Supervisory experience required. Demonstrated ability to build, manage, mentor and motivate an effective team.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and developing productive working relationships across multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience with successful Summer Term programming preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison is seeking an Assistant Dean to continue to expand its Summer Term. Summer Term at UW-Madison enrolls approximately 13,500 students annually. Approximately 12,000 are degree-seeking UW-Madison students and 1,500 are visiting students. The campus offers more than 1,000 summer courses through 13 schools and colleges. The Assistant Dean works closely with the Vice Provost of Lifelong Learning to provide institutional leadership for Summer Term, including implementing plans to achieve enrollment and revenue growth goals. Assistant Dean is responsible for executing campus-wide summer strategic initiatives which include creating new summer programs and growing summer enrollments, providing budget oversight, administering the summer scholarship program, and leading promotional efforts.
The Division of Continuing Studies is committed to building a diverse workforce. Members of underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Instructions to applicants:
Please submit your application online and include a resume and cover letter stating how you meet the qualifications for the position. Please also be prepared to include the names and contact information of 3 professional references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 03 May 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 5 Jun 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time