Senior Financial Analyst
Posting Date: April 19, 2017 Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Position: Senior Financial Analyst Location: Office of Budget and Planning
Status: Full Time
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University becoming an “Outcomes-Oriented University,” the ideal Senior Financial Analyst will possess the willingness to use their expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Tuskegee University’s 2015-2020 Strategic Plan
The Office of Budget and Planning has an opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst to join its Business and Fiscal Affairs (BFA) team. This position works with BFA colleagues to engage in financial partnerships with academic and administrative units across Tuskegee University campus providing advisory support and facilitating the operational use of fiscal tools. The position reports to the Assistant VP & Director of Budget and Planning.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Provides comprehensive and complex analytical support to Academic and Administrative Senior Leadership to identify problem areas and identify opportunities for business process improvements, conduct financial and budgetary analysis, resolving any anomalies and use established statistical methods to determine data sources and appropriate methods to create and interpret reports, as well as policy and business practice changes. This position will serve as a key member of the Budget and Planning team in developing the University consolidated Budget as well as ad-hoc and special projects as assigned.
- Gathers and analyzes budgetary data for modeling, projecting, forecasting, and planning; develops and prepares unique and intricate reports; analyzes tuition and fee data for revenue modeling; review and consolidate all salary improvement program implementations to ensure compliance with policies and bargaining agreements; resolves multifaceted, complex budgetary issues; and other special projects.
- Evaluating budget requests, monitoring budget-to-actual results, and reviewing year-end results; also work collaboratively on critical strategic financial questions that require thoughtful problem solving and analytical capability.
- Assists in the annual operating budget process by preparing, analyzing, and maintaining budget systems.
- Provides direction and assistance to the academic and administrative units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Oversee and monitor the setup of new general ledger accounts, Budget Adjustment Requests (BARs) process, temporary restricted and endowed scholarship accounts.
- Prepares ad-hoc reports, monthly reconciliations and analysis of financial data to include but not limited to revenue and expenditure analysis, calculating projections, and explaining variances on request to enhance senior leadership decisions effecting University policies and the strategic plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and at least 5 years of financial management/analytical experience.
- Advanced-level Microsoft Excel or Access, including at least 2 years of experience in creating financial models and analyses, with demonstrable fluency in vlookup, conditional formatting, macros, advance charting, pivot tables, and pivot reporting.
- Effectiveness in written and oral communications, collaboration, and problem solving.
- Fluency and confidence in discourse with senior and executive leadership and other key constituents.
- Willingness to invest time in further enhancing of spreadsheet modeling and design capabilities.
- Mandatory Advanced Excel Test required
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in business, finance, or a comparable discipline.
- Relevant financial certifications
Commensurate with education, training and experience
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: email@example.com Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
Apply for Senior Financial Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly