Sports Camp Assistant
The Sports Camp Aide is responsible for instruction, leadership and supervision of daily activities of the designated sports clinic as directed by the Clinic Director. JCCC Sports Clinics are offered in a variety of sports that include; baseball, basketball, dance/cheerleading, flag football, golf, soccer, tennis, track & field, volleyball, and weight training. The major goal is to ensure a quality program that reflects the Mission of Johnson County Community College.
1. Assist in planning, leading, and supervise activity sessions in the designated sport.
2. Sets up and monitors class equipment, and ensures its return in serviceable condition.
3. Advises participants on program and class procedures and policies, as appropriate.
4. Distributes handouts and class evaluations, when appropriate, and answers questions from participants after each session; assist in performing follow-up and communication with participants, as required.
5. Ensures that safety and injury prevention policies and procedures are adhered to by participants; reports accidents and prepares accident reports, as required.
6. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- CPR Certification required within 2 months of date of hire.
- Valid Drivers license required.
- Recoginized competencies in field of instructional expertise/may require discipline-specific certification.
- Current JCCC student athlete preferred
- 1-3 years experience preferred directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Skill in the use of first aid procedures.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Knowledge of the sport or activity with education methods and techniques in area of specialty.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Be able to offer tactful and positive criticism to participants, as well as being confident and work in a professional manner.
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
For full consideration apply before
Hours per Week
Submit resume and cover letter.