Mid-Level Mechanical Engineer-Aviation Manufacturing
Mechanical Engineer Job Duties:
• Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
• Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; testing properties.
• Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
• Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
• Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
• Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
• Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
• Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special services.
• Maintains system and product data base by writing computer programs and entering data.
• Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Understands and maintains Engineering Records (i.e.: Engineering Change Orders, Quality documentation, etc.
• Has a Global view of operations and processes in a Manufacturing Environment
Mechanical Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
Requirements Analysis, Design Skills, Presenting Technical Information, Conceptual Skills, Quality Focus, General Consulting Skills, Control Engineering, Technical Zeal, Job Knowledge
Bachelors of Science in Engineering / Aeronautical Engineering
3-5 years experience.
Proven skills in Solid Works, or other 3D software
MUST have mechanical engineering experience in aviation.
Must have manufacturing experience.
Prefer engineer who has experience on single engine aircraft and/or light sports aircraft.
Proven skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Familiarity with standard manufacturing operations and processes
Progressive Aerodyne, Inc. is a small company that designs and manufactures the Searey light sport amphibian aircraft. In addition to its popular kit production, the company has expanded its product line to include FAA certified, factory-built aircraft. We are growing to the next level with 20+ years of history in Florida and building a stronger team to handle the expanding production of meeting global market needs. We offer a professional, yet friendly environment where employees are encouraged to excel, ideas flow freely, and quality is in the forefront of all that we do. If you are interested and qualified and share our passion for aviation, we invite you to apply.
It is a very exciting time to "Explore No Limits" with Searey.
Wed, 3 May 2017 14:48:08 PDT