The Superintendent provides leadership on their project and is responsible for the overall field supervision of the commercial construction project and has the responsibility to work closely with the Project Management team to ensure the success of the project.
The Superintendent is in contact with DDC personnel, owners, customers, subcontractors, inspectors, and city officials, which requires tact, sensitivity, and professionalism and leads, directs and coordinates the work of subcontractors. The Superintendent is responsible for ensuring safety, schedule delivery, quality of work performed and adherence to budget of the project.
• Overseeing and making decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, ordering materials, logistics, quality control and field employee staffing levels.
• Overseeing work among assigned trades to promote a coordinated project operation.
• Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule and all other appropriate matters.
• Managing the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with DDC standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
• Supervising and developing Assistant Superintendents, Field Engineers and/or apprentices, as assigned.
• Creating schedules and determining sequencing of work.
• Developing and implementing recovery strategies to maintain project schedule.
• Communicating with owners and contractors/subcontractors in connection with field issues.
• Investigating and resolving such issues.
• Managing the billing process as it relates to work in place and overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices and subcontractor payment applications.
Managing the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
• Proficient in using a computer and the below listed programs:
Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
P6 knowledge preferred
• Must have strong organization and time management skills.
• Ability to multi-task under time constraints and work effectively as a team player.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance.
• Tactful, professional demeanor with the ability to interact effectively with managers, employees, vendors and others.
• Ability to encourage and motivate your construction team.
• Public works experience a must.
• Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
• Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Family-owned Diede Construction, Inc. (DDC) has grown its reputation by building with integrity since 1978. Today we design, build and manage properties throughout the US. The company continues to grow based on our ability to handle larger, more complex projects requiring our signature creativity and our comprehensive services.
We build great buildings not by being big, but by thinking big. We build trust by treating our clients, employees and subcontractors like members of the Diede family. We expedite projects by having a positive, focused attitude. Our goal is to get the contract, get on site and get it done.
The many different services that we give are:
Feasibility pro forma analysis at the initial stages
Assistance with procuring financing
Professional property management after the construction is complete.
Wed, 3 May 2017 17:10:10 PDT