Lecturer - Literary Journalism
Open May 4th, 2017 through June 4th, 2017
The Literary Journalism program at the University of California, Irvine invites applications for part-time lecturer positions to teach Literary Journalism courses at various levels during the Fall, Winter and Spring quarters of 2017-2018 academic year. Ideal applicants will hold a Ph.D. in English, Comparative Literature, or a related field and demonstrate excellence in and a commitment to undergraduate teaching. Candidates should have a minimum of five years' experience teaching at the university level. Candidates should also demonstrate research ability in some or all of the following areas: nonfiction literature, life writing, and theoretical approaches to narrative, nonfiction, or life writing. A background in curriculum development and student advising and mentorship is preferred. The full-time teaching load in the School of Humanities is eight courses per year; the annual full-time salary is $52,099, and the salary per course is $6,512.37.
Academic calendars may be found here: http://www.reg.uci.edu/navigation/calendars.html
Requirement - Applicants must have the PhD. in English or equivalent degree in hand by the date of application.
Application Procedure - Submit the following materials via UC Irvine's on-line application system, RECRUIT, located at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF03976
• Letter of application describing research and teaching interests
• Curriculum Vitae
• Representative set of teaching evaluations
• Sample Syllabi
• Letters of Recommendation (2 letters minimum)
To be considered for any possible openings in the 2017-2018 academic year, application must be received by June 4, 2017.
For more information, please contact:
English Department Personnel Analyst
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Letter of application describing research and teaching interests - Representative set of teaching evaluations
- Sample syllabi
- Teaching Evaluations - Teaching Evaluations: applicants who have never taught at UCI should include in their application one complete and representative set (i.e. one section) of teaching evaluations. (Optional)
2-4 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now