GRADUATE TRAINING PROGRAM MANAGER
JOB NO.: 90553-AS
Work Type: Staff Full or Part Time, Staff-Full Time, Staff-Part Time
Categories: Academic Advising, Student Services/Support, Event Planning, Program Coordination, Marketing, Public Relations, Office & Administrative Support, Other, Training, Employee Development
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90553-AS
Working Title: Graduate Training Program Manager
Official Title: ASSOC ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07FN)
Hiring Department: A177500-SCHOOL OF EDUCATION/WCER
FTE: 50% - 100%
Anticipated Begin Date: JULY 01, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $42,167 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
BS or BA (minimum) required in education or other social science field related to education, broadly defined.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* We seek a candidate with prior experience working in program outreach, publicity, and social media, with particular experience working with underrepresented minority groups.
* Good interpersonal skills and strong organizational abilities are essential.
* Experience managing or working with graduate students is highly desirable, as is basic knowledge of community and organizational development, especially in higher education contexts.
* Experience with simple web development tools and social media platforms preferred. Applicants must be able to write clearly and professionally and to design communications for a generalist audience.
* Applicants must also be able to work with multiple constituents: faculty, students, and staff.
The ideal applicant is self-motivated and goal-oriented with excellent organizational skills; will consistently demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills; enjoys community building; is experienced in advising and working with underrepresented students; and can work with a high degree of autonomy to finish tasks in a timely manner.
The program manager will work with Faculty Program Coordinators to develop and manage the Wisconsin Center for Education Research (WCER) Fellows program at UW-Madison. The purpose of the WCER Fellows program is to help successfully recruit and support high quality graduate students who will contribute to the diversity of the UW-Madison School of Education and the professoriate. In addition to providing student funding, the WCER Fellows program will also aim to (a) help promote a sense of belonging and support among fellows and (b) provide extensive professional development opportunities.
Instructions to applicants:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 03 May 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 25 May 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time