Assistant Director of Annual Giving
The Assistant Director of Annual Giving serves as an integral part of the College’s continuing growth of the annual giving program. The assistant director will provide recommendations as well as execute strategies and tactics across multiple communications channels for all donor segments in the annual giving program.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Director of Annual Giving, the Assistant Director’s responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
- Daily management of the telefund program, including data preparation, scripting, caller supervision and overall strategy
- Daily management of a comprehensive student philanthropy program, including successful graduating class gift campaigns each year
- Research, create, author and disseminate multichannel communications pieces encompassing cultivation, stewardship and solicitation of donors
- Develop and implement the usage of video in donor communications
- Track and analyze data in assigned channels and segments to ensure appropriate progress towards annual giving goals, and utilize analysis to recommend and implement adjustments to tactics as needed
- Work with internal staff and external vendors as needed to produce and disseminate appropriate donor communications
- Assist at alumni and donor events as needed, including nights and weekends
- Assist with the management of a parent giving program
- Assist with the management of a recurring giving/sustainer program
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum two years of fundraising (or similar) experience, one of which must be full-time employment
- Demonstrated skills in clear and effective communication, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with multichannel fundraising and/or grassroots marketing techniques
- Detail oriented with an ability to adapt in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities and projects while ensuring high quality products are delivered by an established deadline
- Ability to be efficient and work independently while also being able to collaborate effectively in professional group settings and team environments
Applicants should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Washington & Jefferson College (W&J) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.