Working Title: Plumber
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Facilities Management Department
Posting Date: 05-03-2017
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Management is responsible for the day-to-day operation, repair and maintenance of U.Va.'s buildings, infrastructure and grounds as well as other University-owned and leased properties.
The Plumber supports Facilities Management's goal of providing consistent, cost effective, efficient, and reliable maintenance and service to the University facilities.
The Plumber performs a wide variety of skilled repair, installation and maintenance tasks which can include plumbing fixtures, and related equipment for the Project Services division.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Thorough knowledge of the plumbing trade with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot plumbing and other mechanical problems.
2. Ability to deal effectively with the public.
3. Ability to read, write, and perform basic math.
4. Ability to read blueprints.
5. Ability to use computers and associated applications for time tracking and documentation of work.
6. Ability to work overtime which could include nights and weekends and the ability to respond on an emergency basis as needed.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81807