The Department of Educational, School, and Counseling Psychology is recruiting a full-time, twelve month research assistant to work under the supervision of clinical instructors at the Family Access Center for Excellence (FACE) of Boone County. FACE is a newly funded, direct community service center jointly supported by the Boone County, MO Department of Social Services and the University of Missouri’s Department of Educational, School and Counseling Psychology, School of Social Work, the Missouri Prevention Center, and the Department of Psychological Sciences. FACE is an innovative approach to coordinating and improving the mental and physical health, well-being, and safety of children and families in Boone County, MO in a manner that is transparent and promotes client/family direct involvement and choice in the development and implementation of treatment plans.
The person filling this position will be responsible for assisting with overall project coordination under the supervision of the clinical instructor director. The key responsibilities include:
• Help organize and manage materials and resources related to successful project completion;
• Assist with efforts to recruit families into FACE, collect informed consent protocols, coordinate schedules for assessments, and supporting clinical faculty efforts to offer services to families from coordinating referrals and scheduling services with agencies;
• Ensure compliance with all regulations and requirements, including submitting receipts and expenditures associated with FACE operations.
• Assist with data collection including collection survey and ongoing fidelity data and preparing information needed by the project development faculty in MU SSW, ESCP and Psych Sciences
• Promote FACE to community agencies, organizations, and families in Boone County and through social marketing efforts and other promotional materials.
• Attend regular project planning meetings
• Prepare materials and resources supporting delivery of intervention and study procedures
• Other duties as assigned.
This position will be housed in the Department of Educational, School, and Counseling Psychology (ESCP).
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree. Strong organizational and communication skills. Experience in working with diverse educational groups on outreach or research. Computer skills. Experience in public speaking, office coordination, and scheduling.
- Candidates will be evaluated on the following: Ability to: create a pleasant entry experience for FACE families on the phone or in person; effectively communicate the mission of FACE; communication, organizational, and management skills; prepare documents, plans, and reports for the FACE clinical director, the Board of Representatives, MU faculty, and Funders; develop marketing and promotional materials; collect and organize fidelity and satisfaction data from FACE families.
Competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Apply on-line at http://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/academic/index.php. Upload (a) a letter of application in which candidates describe in detail their qualifications for the position, and (b) names and contact information for three references in the Attachments section of the application. Your CV must be uploaded in the Resume/CV and Cover Letter section.
Please contact Dr. Aaron Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org ; 573-882-0124) for questions about the position.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Missouri is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: