Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor
Founded in 1865 as a land-grant institution adjacent to downtown Lexington, UK is nestled in the scenic heart of the Bluegrass Region of Kentucky. Recently ranked as one of the safest, most creative, and the brainiest cities in the nation, Lexington is an ideal location to experience the work-life integration that the University strives to provide its employees. See for yourself what
makes UK one great place to work.
The Department of Physiology and the Saha Cardiovascular Research Center at University of Kentucky's College of Medicine, is seeking candidates for two full time tenure track faculty positions at the ASSISTANT, ASSOCIATE or FULL PROFESSOR levels. Areas of strength in the department include basic and translational research on Cardiovascular Physiology. The successful candidate will have a MD and/or PhD in a related field, appropriate postdoctoral experience, the potential to establish an extramurally-funded research program, and will participate in physiology education. Candidates will contribute to the teaching, advising, research, and service missions of the Department and College. Applications also are welcome from faculty with existing research programs willing to relocate. Applicants are sought with research interest in any area of physiology that aligns with the department strength in the broad area of cardiac or vascular physiology.
Our research is enhanced by a highly collaborative environment with multiple Colleges. UK is one of only a handful of academic medical centers in the nation that have all health profession schools on one campus: Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Pharmacy, Public Health and Health Sciences. In addition, the department is well positioned to undergo substantial thematic growth under new leadership.
Applicants should include the following:
• Cover letter
• Curriculum vitae
• Brief description of research interests (Specific Request 1)
• Contact information for three references or the inclusion of their recommendation letters (Specific Request 2)
Inquiries regarding the position may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
Additional Department information is available here: https://physiology.med.uky.edu/ or at https://cvrc.med.uky.edu/
Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor
7H051:CARDIOVASCULAR RESEARCH CENTER
Type of Position
Position Time Status
MD and/or PhD
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Open Untill Filled
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- America's Job Exchange.com
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- * Do you have an MD or equivalent or PhD?
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter
- Specific Request 1
- Specific Request 2