Research Administrator II
Job Summary: Reporting to the Director, the Research Administrator II supports sponsored programs daily operations, tasks and activities and as a result, enhances the overall quality of customer service and support offered by the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) to the FVSU grant-writing community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and ensure the integrity of the data entered into the grants tracking and effort administrator systems by reviewing, updating, purging and reporting proposal and award program administration data on a weekly basis.
- Work to ensure that the data entered meets the minimal compliance and reporting requirements of funding agency and university policies and procedures.
- Assist the pre-awards coordinator with routine data entry into the grant tracking and effort administrator system, to include uploading of proposal narratives, budgets and supporting documentation and with routing proposals for university endorsement.
- Assist the post-awards coordinator with routine data entry into the grant tracking and effort administrator system, to include uploading award supporting documentation, routing post award documents for approval, preparing requests for budget amendments, sub-award agreements, and grant related travel.
- Assist the director by providing grant tracking and effort administrator system administration reports on a monthly basis.
- Assist the department with the planning and execution of OSP related activities such as professional development training and recognition programs, updating electronic forms, manuals, publications, calendar of events, special alerts, sourcing funding opportunities and OSP webpage content changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Three (3) years of related work experience
- Specialized knowledge grants and contracts management, Federal Uniform Guidance & Agency specific guidance, proposal, budget and budget narrative develop, experience with Grants.gov, Fastlane and Research.gov.
- Skills strong oral and written communication, intermediate understanding of MS Office Suite, general database management and time-management skills.
- Abilities collaborate on team projects, self-starter, ability to work and complete projects independently.
- Strong customer service skills
- Certified Research Administrator (CRA) certification
- Occasional travel to attend meetings, conferences, or training
- Occasional evening/night/weekend work to meet the needs of the department
- Work is performed in a climate- controlled environment
Position may require standing or sitting for extended periods of time, lifting heavy objects, performing repetitive tasks, and so forth.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.